Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who knows Cancun ?!?

LaveyOne
    We're planning a trip there soon and would like to hear inputs as to where to stay and where to play - What not to miss and what to avoid at all costs!
    I'm more of a Cabo-Boy and know it well. This will be our first trip to Cancun and will be somewhat lost. Any help is greatly appreciated! THANKS !!! :rollside:

DCBDaytona
    Definately too many nice hotels. If you can stay at any of the Royal Resorts, they are highly recommended. Downtown Cancun is fun, shops, bullfights, and LOTS of clubs. Hit up Coco Bongo, Dady Rock and DadyO's is you want to have a good time. Typically it's $30 for a wristband to drink all night long.
    If you want tours...Look into Isla Mujeres, Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel. There are ruins in various places and much to see! I'd check with the hotel front desk for information on all the local attractions.

Ziggy
    We stayed at ClubMed and it was ok....
    If I were to go again I'd stay in Playa del Carmen(sp?) somewhere.
    Don't miss seeing Tulume ruins and a few other sites along that coastline.
    A fun cruise over to Isla Muheras is fun. We took a catamaran cruise over that was a blast...plenty of flowing booze.

steveo143
    My daughter is down there now doing commercials for a chain of hotels. I I will ask her tommorrow when I talk to her.

Totally IncapASSitated
    Some friends and I did one of the all inclusive deals at the Grand Oasis and I would definitely stay there again.
    Grand Oasis (http://www.oasishotels.com/english/hotels/grandoasis/)

LaveyOne
    Thanks guys ...
    Any and all tips are very helpful!

catman-do
    Ive been there several times. The last time I stayed at the Grand Melia, and then upgraded to their executive tower. It wasnt much different in price from any other hotel, but was really nice, had nice beaches, and good service. Stay away from the hotels around the bend. Once you get towards the bend the beaches become very small or non-existant. Also the hotel zone thats past downtown is a little older and more known area for the locals, not as nice looking. Deffinately go to Isla Mujeras and swim with dolphins. If going in the lagoon for water activities be careful, there are aligators in there. There are a couple new malls, and a few new night clubs. Stick around "Dadio's" and there are several clubs within walking distance along with places to eat late at night.

Lightning
    Has anyone been down there since the hurricane hit there last year.....I heard that is was a mess down there.

KineticoH20
    I have stayed at several properties, I like the Fiesta Americana Condesa it has a great pool and the rooms look out over the turquois sea. Of course the Ritz Carlton is great but pricey. There are severa all inclusive resorts but I personally do not like them. Due to last years huricane's there are some good deals to cancun so go and enjoy yourself.

JMC
    I would avoid staying in Cancun unless you watch MTV all day long. Too many kids there....its like Fort Walton 10 or 15 yrs ago. I just got back from Playa del Carmen. The Hurricane did some damage all along the coast in that area but its not that bad. Check out Xcaret in Playa. Very cool place. Awesome Food and you dont have to worry about the drinking water :rollside: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1/DSCN0492.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1/DSCN0504.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1/DSCN0505.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast