Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do I need A BLOWER CARB???

wfoflat
    Any help would be great,never ran a blower before im running a bbc 402 with a weiand 177 blower I have a demon 750 off my tunnel ram do I need to run specific blower carb or will this work.

Daytona100
    Im running a 177 on a 454 I went with the boost referenced 950 holley. Works great no problems so far. What compression and cam are you running?

wfoflat
    I dont know much about the motor its a 396 bored 30 over to a 402.it has cast oval port heads a solid cam with a little lump to it but not much. I had a tunnel ram with a demon 750 on it and the motor would spin about 5700 rpm. Im sure the compression is around 9.5 to 10.1. I know its gonna get blown up but hopefully it will hall ass untill it blows :rollside:

obnoxious001
    You are planning on running race gas in that, aren't you? Your tune job will be real important, make sure it gets enough fuel.

wfoflat
    ya for sure race fuel 109 or better I just put on a edelbrock fuel pump I think its like 110gph and my guage shows 6psi pressure. does anyone know what a good place to start with timing would be (total advance) ?

Daytona100
    28 Degrees

Any help would be great,never ran a blower before im running a bbc 402 with a weiand 177 blower I have a demon 750 off my tunnel ram do I need to run specific blower carb or will this work.
    i personally think the 750 will work just fine...remember...its a small c.i. mtr! & u dont want to over carb it...play around with the timing...start at 28* & work ur way up to about 34*...see where it starts/runs the best...just my .02 cents
    fastrat

wfoflat
    I started the boat it runs and idles fine. I dont know how to set my timing there is no timing marks on the aluminum timing cover. How do I know where im at? The timing gun I have is just a basic gun nothing fancy.Thanks for the help guys.

Bobby Knight
    you should buy or make piston stop. remove #1 plug, get motor close to #1 tdc (firing), install piston stop. turn motor by hand until it stops, make mark on balancer in reference to something accurate and stationary (like a timing pointer), then turn the motor in the other direction until it stops on the piston stop again. meke a mark off the same reference point, and split the difference between marks vert accurately, and theres tdc #1. Do this by measuring, not ballparking the difference..You then can either buy a self adhesive timing tape, or accurately divide your 360 degree balancer into equal sections of degrees.
    If you have questions about this leave your phone number and I can explain it better to you.
    As far as tune up, how much boost are you planning on making?
    I would get rid of your power valve(s) in the carb. since you wont have vacum to open them So either boost reference the carb or remove power valves and jet up 6-10 jet sizes.
    You may want to jet up alittle more as well, since the 6-10 jet sizes is only to compensate for the power valve removal.
    I would start w/probably 30 degrees of timing since youll have race gas, and assuming you wont make that much boost w/a 177.
    jUST MY BEST GUESS W/O ALL THE INFO. GOOD LUCK.....
    when your hard on the throttle

Bobby Knight
    i JUST NOTICED YOUR IN RWC, I GREW UP IN SAN MATEO.. I LIVE NEAR WALNUT CREEK NOW. NOT TOO FAR TO HELP IF YOU NEED IT.. STEVE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast