Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Placecraft Deck Boat

Riverhound
    I saw a picture of a placecraft 22 deck boat. This thing looked bad a$$. Anyone have any info or experiance with these?

rivercrazy
    I also like the looks despite some others saying is isn't.
    I don't know specifically which month but it was featured in ***boat with a 454mag and outdrive. I think it did like 70-75mph. I've heard it runs OK with a jet drive also but needs a good dose of HP & Torque.

bigq
    Another nice boat, dammit I can't make a decission. I did look at the Placecraft Deck and it is put together very well, great workmanship, above par.They start about 42k with the 6.2.
    [This message has been edited by bigq (edited March 20, 2002).]

1quickjet
    I also like that boat. Many call it the "dustbuster," but to each is own I guess. I have also heard that it takes quite a bit of power to make the jet version run. basically, production power is not enough. I have seen one in person (not Frank Place's) with a custom built, blown motor, that ran a gps confirmed 100mph with a jet. Sweet.

Skaterfast
    Great boat.Very efficient bottom.You will get your monies worth out of the
    Place family.What jet doesn't need a ton of horsepower to go fast?

Riverhound
    Skaterfast, Your bio says your a service mgr. Automotive? if so what dealer?

HavasuDreamin'
    Tom Papp, also makes a very nice deck boat! The bottom is based off of his 21' Phantom Picklefork. Nice boat, not sure about price? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

1quickjet
    Originally posted by HavasuDreamin':
    Tom Papp, also makes a very nice deck boat! The bottom is based off of his 21' Phantom Picklefork. Nice boat, not sure about price? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif
    Yes, but IMHO, very ugly. Also, faster than the Placecraft and suprisingly affordable if I remember correctly.

DesertDog
    Riverhound,u said you read Skaterfast's bio.Where can you read those from?
    I first saw the Placecraft 22 deckboat at the Run to the Sun rod show in Havasu a few years back and also thought it was a good looking boat.Havn't seen many on the water though.
    [This message has been edited by DesertDog (edited March 21, 2002).]

Riverhound
    DesertDog, I actually got that info from his "user profile". It's located in the first of four boxes on the top right hand side of his post.
    1Quickjet now that you mention it it does resemble a dust buster, but cool looking none the less.
    River

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast