Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound Systems

Boatjob
    Since insane amounts of high end audio are being put into boats now, I'm just interested in what people are running in there boats. If you happen to know what you are running, please post including pics if you have them.
    I have a DCB Mach 26 that Dave hooked my stereo up when I bought it. It includes:2 Sony Mobile ES 12's powered by a Fosgate 500.2 amp. I have a 400.4 Fosgate amp running to 2 sets of(8 total) Sony component systems with a (4)1 inch tweeter and a (4)6 1/2 midrange. WHAT DO U GOT???

RiverDave2
    Two Kicker 12's, 6 Pioneer 6x9's Sony head unit and 10 disc changer with marine control and an esoteric amp (isoteric?)
    RD

catnaround
    Sony head unit w/ 10 disc changer. 4 sony 6X9s, 2 10" Sony subs powered by two amps.

shiznit
    4 10" Boston Acoustic Woofers. 3 sets of MB Quartz 4-6" coaxials. Powered by 3 Fosgate Power 800 Amps 2-4 channel. Head unit is a Pioneer Premium CD. Planning on getting 2 more sets of MB Quartz for under the rear hatch so I can pump more tunes towards the bow when I'm chillin. Too much damn bass without them.
    Peace out,
    Shiznit

rivercrazy
    Sony ES headunit
    Sony 10 disc CD changer
    Sony Marine hard wired remote
    1 Farad Cap
    1 JBL P80.4 amp
    1 JBL P600.1 Sub amp
    4 Infinity Kappa Marine 6X9's
    2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10" subs
    All the good wire and accessories.
    Soon? Swap the p80.4 for a P180.2

Party Cat
    Sony MiniDisc head unit with 10 disc changer and 6 MiniDisc changer. 4 pair of MB Quart DTC 169's (3way 6x9's) driven by a PPI Chrome 4800 and 4 12" Boston Pro Subs driven by a PPI Chrome 21400. One of those Access Technology remote things mounted up front. A sh!t load of expensive wire and circut breakers, 2, soon to be 3 batteries, and an alternator upgrade when the new motor goes in. Hey, it's a Party Cat aren't you supposed to have alot of stereo stuff ????
    C YA
    [This message has been edited by Party Cat (edited January 28, 2002).]

Havasu_Dreamin
    Damn, I see I have a minimalist stereo system when compared to you guys. Apline XM ready head unit, Apline 6 disc changer, 4 6x9's and 2 MB Quart tweeters. Next is the amp and subwoofer. Just need to get me some more benjamins to pay for the thing!
    HD
    [This message has been edited by Havasu_Dreamin (edited January 28, 2002).]

catnaround
    Oh and I forget the most important part of the system. A transom mounted remote. So you can crank the sound while dipping off the back w/o getting back in the boat.

BoatFloating
    Sony ABP ES disc head unit. 10 disc changer 6 disc Mini Disc changer. 5 Crossfire amps totaling 2500 watts. 1 Phoenix Gold distribution center with 15 farads built in. 4 JL 10" woofers 10 Eclipse 5" with tweeters. A sh@t load of Optima batteries (4) off stock amp with a isolater, which helps charge the lowest battery first and takes the pressure off Alt. The coolest trick is you crank up the sound and it will bounce your drink out of the cup holders. All this in a 16' Bayliner (LOL). Actual in a Carrera Party Eeffect. You can see pics in Jan 2002 FP&B mag.
    FB......

deserteagle
    Kenwood disc changer
    8 6" mids
    4 1" tweeters
    2 8" subs
    2 12" subs
    2 big sony xplode amps
    finally got it dialed in after 2 years and to much cash. Next time around I will definetly go for simplicity. Make sure your amps and fuses are easy to get to. If I had it to do over I would just do 4 12" subs and as many 6x9s as you need. Done deal. Catnaround is right, the remote on the back is key! Good luck. Systems are a mandatory part of boating! Rock on

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast