Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's it like driving a 19' tunnel?

froggystyle
    FatRat, I bought a 21XS Ultra. I kind of went extreme with it, but it should be a great boat.
    Boatnam, I don't know what you had in the AO, but I usually keep races short and sweet, so most bigger boats have a tough time getting the holeshot and subsequently have to catch up. By then, I have backed off and act like the winner! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
    Racingrascal, the Parker strip is really great except for the big holidays. I have to wake up early to get a pass in, and then it is usually limited by the PWC traffic who feels they need to run at 6:00. Oh well, share and share alike.

fat rat
    I ran my 21' Daytona last weekend....first tunnel and first blower motor...the ride and power is awsome. I was looking for boat wakes...and when I found them, Man I never felt nothin....I mean nothin. My friends that bought our old Caribean followed us down river and they said they got beat up......been there done that...but lookig at them I thought they were having a smooth ride. My opion nothin rides like a tunnel.

Timer
    Congratulations, fat rat!

racingrascal
    Fat Rat, What size cid. What kind of top speed are you getting. Boat sound pretty bad!

fat rat
    The motor is a 510 BBC, aluminum bow tie heads, 8-71 littlefield blower, 2-750 nick carbs, and some other goodies. The motor is making 800+Hp. and 700 ft. lbs. of torque @ 6011 rpm on a dyno, I hit it one time and it jumped right to 6000 rpm's....Ive only had it out once.....I'll let you know how it runs next week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12