Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noobie need help System for 28' deck

zbestfam
    Do the subs need to be boxed??

zbestfam
    I was looking at the new Sony Mex-1gp head unit what do you think?? Also could I put the subs under a seat or do they need to be in the open air?? I am using (4) 2150's batteries what do I need to charge them??
    Thanks for the help
    Joe
    PS Nice job on the topcat BOB where did you pick up the radio cover??

zbestfam
    Bob
    I Live in Menifee CA could you do my install??? Looks like you do nice work.
    You can email me your Tel# at zbestfam@msn.com
    Joe
    zbestfam

Transonic---Mike
    I agree with ShockwaveBob. The new Alpine PDX amps are nothing short of spectacular. They are physically very small, they do not draw much power from your batteries, they sound great and yet they still go loud. My store sells JL Audio, Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood, Sony, and Alpine. For the boat application there is no better choice then the Alpine PDX amps.
    You can use 1 PDX1.1000 for your subs, 1 PDX 4.150 for your vocal speaker if you use 4 pr, and if you go with 6 pr of vocal speakers, you can add PDX2.150 for the last two pr.
    I would use the JL 10w6 or 12w6 for your subs and you should always use a box. The sound will be light years better.
    I know that the Sony CD players are popular for the marine application but the Alpine CDA9857 is sonically superior to any Sony. You can use the Access Technologies MRC2 remote with the Alpine but you will need either a PAC or Peripheral steering wheel adapter in order to make it work. You will need to make a small modification to the adapter but it is not a big deal.
    I would use the Pierced Vocal speakers (of course that is my speaker line) but there are many other good choices that you can go with depending on where you buy your products.

zbestfam
    Mike
    Thanks for the Information. I am still checking into HU's and I will look at alpine..
    Joe

Tom Brown
    I know that the Sony CD players are popular for the marine application but the Alpine CDA9857 is sonically superior to any Sony.
    Sonically superior to any Sony? With class D amps? :idea:
    BTW, I've never much liked Alpine. I know some of their stuff is good but I think they're one of the most over-hyped brands going.

zbestfam
    Tom
    What remote would you use with that HU???
    Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12