Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boat carpet cleaning...

riverracerx
    Anyone clean the carpets in their boat? Did you get it professionally done, did you do it yourself.
    My carpet isn't dirty, but could stand to be fluffed up a bit. It just seems so matted down. Not like carpet anymore..
    I think I am going to hose it down. Spray it with carpet foam and then brush it and see if I can get it looking plushy again?
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    (I wish I had a fiberglass floor)

Cruzzze
    I used my home carpet cleaner, worked great, couldn't believe how much sand came out of it, remember, sand is ground up glass, cuts the nap on the carpet and will start to look thinner, meaning laying down, matting down. I also have used a hand held carpet cleaner, worked well too. Good luck

Jyruiz
    I used my home carpet cleaner, worked great, couldn't believe how much sand came out of it, remember, sand is ground up glass, cuts the nap on the carpet and will start to look thinner, meaning laying down, matting down. I also have used a hand held carpet cleaner, worked well too. Good luck
    That is why I use a shopvac to vacuum the boat.

lakewake
    To reactivate the "twist" in the carpet that makes it stand up use a steam cleaner or have it done professionally. Many companies just use water extractors not steam. I know Stanley Steamer still uses steam. If you have them out to do the house you can probabley get them to throw the boat in for free.

rivercrazy
    Ditto here. And use soft or distilled water. The high mineral content of the river also leads to stiff carpet

GMFL
    Try the Bissel little Green Machine. Perfect for small and hard to get to areas.
    http://www.bissell.com/Products/prod...COMPACT+MULTIP URPOSE+CLEANER&cookie_test=1

HMF'er
    Does Boat Bling make Carpet Sauce yet?

Huckleberry
    Costco sells a Bissel home carpet cleaner for about $200. It works great for the boat and to do those rooms in your house that get a lot of traffic. I do my den about every four months with this to hold it over until the pros come and do the entire house. If you don't want to go that big, like GMFL said the Little Green Machine is pretty good for smaller jobs and cleaning up spots.

riverbound
    Here is what I do and it has always worked great for me.
    Take a bucket of simple green and water. and scrub the carpet with a brush.
    then suck up all the water/simple green with a shop vac. then do the same thing again...but this time with water and downy/ fabric softener. it will make the carpet fluff up and also softens it and makes it smell good.

Jyruiz
    Here is what I do and it has always worked great for me.
    Take a bucket of simple green and water. and scrub the carpet with a brush.
    then suck up all the water/simple green with a shop vac. then do the same thing again...but this time with water and downy/ fabric softener. it will make the carpet fluff up and also softens it and makes it smell good.
    Fluffer. :rollside:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast