Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Limit On Havasu?

Three Days Only
    Anyone else hearing this? Is it just another Urban Legend? Are they really going to try to impose a speed limit on Havasu? argue

alfanzo
    WHAT?????????shutup noway!!!!!

alfanzo
    WHAT?????????shutup noway!!!!!

mbrown2
    Urban Legend...nothing is in the works...I am sure the idea has been kicked around as has been stated on this board, but nothing has been brought as an agenda item before the city.

FastTimmy
    Well they tested me for being to loud last week. I'm sure this week it will be for going to fast!!!
    WTF

Phat_Kat
    the rule is and will stay:
    you can go as fast as you want but not side by side
    I just asked my cop friend.

Jrocket
    Phat_Kat:
    the rule is and will stay:
    you can go as fast as you want but not side by side
    I just asked my cop friend. I wouldnt go as far as saying "will stay" nothing lasts forever,but the future looks good so far.

Three Days Only
    I heard this rumor from a few differnt people, and then a friend of mine stated that is has been proposed to the city, and is a possiablity in the near future. I just do not understand why this would even come up. I do not hear about alot if any hi speed accidents in havasu. Most moving accidents seem to be involved with jet ski's and seadoo's. Seems like bs to me, but I thought it would be an intresting topic if anyone actually had some facts.

HighRoller
    How can you guys be surprised about this rumor?How many posts have we seen on this board about people with boats that do 120,130,140 or 150?Calling out other boats,racing at over 120 with no safety equipment etc....I guess nobody remembers the HTM incident,a high speed twin engine boat that had a mechanical failure and killed four people as a result.I'm not trying to be a buzzkill,but how hard do you think the cops are gonna squeeze Havasu boaters if one of these 140mph hot rods crashes with no safety equipment and kills the occupants and/or other parties??

25 Eagle
    Just a matter of time.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast