Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: How do u guys afford these big Cats?

TrojanDan
    Goodtime$:
    **** SCHOOL DEBT...
    ??? You're a finance major, it's called Return on Investment. The money I spent and borrowed on going to college and (partial) grad school was the best investment I ever made.
    You're only 22 Years Old for Pete's Sake! What's the rush to get into a 100k boat and be in major debt till your 37-42 years old. Take baby steps. Buy something affordable and in 8-10 years or whenever is right for you, make the big plunge into a big $$$ boat. I guess it's all about priorities.
    All the glamour of cruising thru the channel in a phat boat with chicks in little bikini's may look
    tempting, but think about the hundred's and thousands of dollars in yearly maintenance, storage, fuel, insurance, the matching tow rig, etc.... you have to buy, especially if you're the sole owner. Do what some of us do and partner up on the purchase. I'm a partner with my bro with our 2002 29' Magic and my half of the payment is only $200. We putted around for 7 years in a run-about, saved a few grand, sold the old boat, and bought the "new" used one with low hours. We won't ever buy bigger (unless I hit the lotto) since this one barely fits in my garage.
    Force's are nice boats. Two good friends of mine are partners with their 29'. Nothing wrong with that, you just have pick your partner wisely.
    [ May 28, 2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: TrojanDan ]

Phat_Kat
    Dans right,
    If you're gonna go in with someone be very careful. I a greedy little bastard to begin with and I honestly don't know anyone I can trust. My cousin maybe but fact is he's not a good mechanic in any way. Atleast as far as matinence goes. The only thing that I do want to go in with him on is a river house. He's got a friend who I'm found of who's a good guy too and I figure that I can't afford my future boat as well as a house so I'm gonna go in with him. I'd suggest, like you said, going used. Another company that I've heard good things about is ultra. I heard some chatter about a 25 or so shadow that you may want to ask about. It's probably just a rumor but ultra does put a good price tag down so you might want to look into it.

unleashed
    Yeah TrojanDan, Thats right I forgot to tell the youngster about the extra costs.
    storage, Tow ropes, bouys, gas(150.00 a day), hotels, gas for the trip there and back, food, beer, new towels every month, flat tires, broken drives, spark plugs, oil every 3 outings etc. It all adds up. So when you buy the boat remember all the extra money you'll need.
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing devil

Jrocket
    mbrown2:
    Work my ass off. Yep...when they ask you to,take it.

riverliver
    I kill bugs, rich people hate bugs !! idea wink

Jrocket
    riverliver:
    I kill bugs, rich people hate bugs !! idea wink Yes we do!!! eek!

roln 20s
    Unleashed... My biggest concern is that I have to make sure my truck keeps running strong, otherwise it doesn't matter how nice the boat is...a new cheap get around Geo Metro isn't going to tow crap.
    And my second concern: all this insurance talk about Cats. It doesn't seem to easy to find accurate insurance, and if you do, can we say $$$$$.
    Yes, I'm super young, and although I want, I want, I want...once you pay all the bills, those wants are pushed aside for priorities. I will have the boat I want, and hopefully sooner than later, but until then I have the best boat on the planet..better than any DCB, Howard, Force, Cig, you name...and for the reason that its "my dad's malibu (as they say on monster garage- freebie, freebie!!"
    Roln 20s
    Roln 20s

Goodtime$
    I think that this post is getting confused, School is a great tool for any future, i agree fully.
    All i was interested in was how the average joe is going about obtaining these beautiful boats,FORCES,DCBs,HTMs ETC.....finance, partners, cash?
    We have a house N. of Blythe and the water levels there dont show enough love for a bigger boat and im happy with my wakeboard boat for now till i get fat and broken knees.
    thanks again for the info and best of luck with your awesome cats, wow FORCE 32, thats pretty sano, ill have to cruise up for a poker run and check out the lake, its been a long time
    ill stick with the placecraft

unleashed
    Hey Roln, there aint nothing better then a freebie!
    Goodtime, I like those malibus, I think I might get one for fun when my daughter gets a little older. Come by and say hi if you see me at the river!
    The old adage remainds true. The more money you make the more you spend.
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing

guys can afford big cats because there is dumb asses like me that finance a 100k boat for 15 years.i think most guys that are driving the big cats are company owners that make good dough , with a few guys like me just acting like i make big dough.it also helps if your significant other makes good dough.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast