Thread: Converting moon pedal to pull instead of push throttle

Does anyone know if its possible to modify the moon pedal to pull instead of pushing the throttle cable? Ive got 2 carbs turned sideways and it would make life much easier if it could pull instead of push.

Does anyone know if its possible to modify the moon pedal to pull instead of pushing the throttle cable? Ive got 2 carbs turned sideways and it would make life much easier if it could pull instead of push.
    i personally dont know why any1 would want to do that!!...they make linkage for side mounted carbs on a TR or Blower...just get the linkage & solve all ur probs...u will be "much" happier!...u can find it on EBay or a bunch of other web sites...just my .02 cents
    fastrat

Ok, I didint know a kit existed. I went to summit and they said they may have what I needed for $100. But why is it push instead of pull anyway? On smaller engines and cars, its pull.
    Edit:
    Actually, here it is:
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
    $169.

flat broke
    Push and Pull can be changed at the linkage by having the cable approach the bellcrank from the opposite direction. If you are connecting directly to a carb, you can mount above or below the throttle shafts. Depending on which way you cable is approaching, one will work with a push, the other with a pull. You shouldn't need to mess with the pedal if you have some flexibility in how you connect to your carbs. Whatever you do, make sure you have a return spring setup installed as well. Don't rely on the spring in the pedal at the far end of a cable to shut your carbs in an emergency.
    Chris

Yea, after countless drawings, i just figured that solution out a few minutes ago. Ill simply need an additional cable to connect the two carbs and some return springs.

Ok, I didint know a kit existed
    go to EBay motors and ck these 2 # out:
    7994693337 & 8062589586 they are "exactly" what u need for a really clean set-up!
    the 1st 1 shows a really good pic of what u get & the 2nd 1 is the cheapest!...i have bought from both co. & they are excellent to deal with...this is the only way to plumb 2x4 sideways carbs!...u get rid of all those springs n things & the pedal works the way it should!!!...GO CK IT OUT!...u won't be disappointed
    fastrat

Thanks for the links, im definately going to keep an eye on those kits. But ive got to build somthing up soon, My planned launch date is this Saturday. All I have to do other than the throttle is put the seats in and glue the carpet back down.