Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 23 FT CHEETAH TUNNEL

CHEETER-JOE
    20SPECTRA
    Does anybody own one in the are of upland, Ca, maybe i could take a look at it before dragging my wife to havasu, to twist her arm for one [/QB]Why dont you go to the Upland showroom for Cheetah? Talk to Dory, he will get you a good deal. # 909-931-3268

Sandbar Mike
    23 Cheetah is a cool boat, especially with good looking gel coat graphics. I had the 377 Mercruiser which was a bullet proof package,I couldn't imagine how good that thing would run with a 496HO ?75-80mph? what do you think doghouse
    The 23 was the best first boat I could have bought, handled good, accept big big water wink never lost anyone though we had (I'm not shitting you) 12 people in my 23 open and that thing luved it still ran close to 60mph, But boy hold on when your driving alone, It's wanted to fly many times, ask Havasu LuvR AKA white knuckles.
    You better go order one quick before summer's over.
    I'll bet you walk away spending 35k total if you go with the 377 Bravo1 package,
    good luck

rvrkaosI
    RVRKAOS has a 454 mpi, and the boat wants MORE! I am way under powered,looking at a supercharger in the near future. I am topped out at 61mph on the odometer. I agree with sandbar mike that the boat runs great with people aboard,but one time I did break it loose by myself jawdrop and almost barrel rolled the boat. I was hot doggin the boat to the sand bar, and caught a wake while the trim was all the way up. The boat recovered ,and I was back on my way though.
    Talk with Dory, mention Bob Kawahara, he'll make things happen for you. He doesn't push the boat on you, and he is really a great guy. Call before you go down though, he is not always in the office. Speak with him though, he used to have a 24', 29', and a party cat. Dory is up front, and no bullsh*t.
    Order soon though, you will have to wait in line, as Bob probably has a full schedule already!
    RVRKAOS

DogHouse
    Sandbar Mike:
    I couldn't imagine how good that thing would run with a 496HO ?75-80mph? what do you think doghouseYeah, I think upper 70s is probably achievable with the right prop. If you're interested in speed, make sure Bob gets the drive mounted as high as possible, and put a 2" shorty lower if you can swing the extra $$$ for a Sportmaster XR or IMCO lower. The Bravo on my 23 was mounted only an inch or two from the rubrail and the prop shaft was still 8" below the keel, which is much deeper than it needs to be.
    -brian

24RODjr
    I'm not sure if Pop has chimed in or not yet, but...
    We're very happy with the 24'. The only thing that I'd recommend is get as much HP as you can afford.
    The supercharged 454 runs mid to high 70's all day long. (which is still not fast enough wink )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12