Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: We haven't heard about all the fun from you guys at Glamis

sigepmock
    And get yourself a "sippy" cup so you don't spill a drop!!!
    Maybe he should spill the drinks.....Drinking is the only way I could see you rolling the Rhino. Ours was very stable and never got close to rolling even with the rookies driving
    Chris

Mrs. casean
    We're headed out Feb 9th through the 12th. I checked the calendar again and President's weekend is the 18 through 20th, with the official "Observed President's Day Holiday" on the 20th of Feb.
    So we're headed out the weekend before President's day .
    Chris
    Oh I'm a ding dong~ I was thinking that was this weekend I can't read I guess... we told our friends we aren't going to Supercross and going w/ you guys... ignore what I said in my last post. I was thinking that was this coming weekend he was talking about! (Blond moment ) We are going w/ you guys 2/9-2/12! I'm gonna fix that post.

Magic34
    We're headed out Feb 9th through the 12th. I checked the calendar again and President's weekend is the 18 through 20th, with the official "Observed President's Day Holiday" on the 20th of Feb.
    So we're headed out the weekend before President's day .
    Chris
    We are heading out that weekend too.

riverbound
    We are heading out that weekend too.
    Did your truck get stuck again??
    Makes me feel a little leary about bringing my set up out there. Dont really want to deal with it getting stuck. Plus my set up is even heavier than yours. so It would be easier for me to get stuck.

sigepmock
    Makes me feel a little leary about bringing my set up out there. Dont really want to deal with it getting stuck. Plus my set up is even heavier than yours. so It would be easier for me to get stuck.
    I think he got stuck in Gordon's Well again but I think he'll be fine in Glamis. I'll be driving a 30' Class C rental moho pulling our little flatbed so we'll be sticking to the "Safe" parking spots. If you want to come out and join us, we'll make sure to keep you a good spot on the hard pack stuff.
    Chris

riverbound
    I think he got stuck in Gordon's Well again but I think he'll be fine in Glamis. I'll be driving a 30' Class C rental moho pulling our little flatbed so we'll be sticking to the "Safe" parking spots. If you want to come out and join us, we'll make sure to keep you a good spot on the hard pack stuff.
    Chris
    Im planing to go out the Feb 12th trip. The truck is in for service right now and the trailer goes in for a complete buff/polish job and new graphics. should be done by Feb 5th.

Mrs. casean
    Chris
    Are we going back to the same spot? Or Gecko? OR where?

Magic34
    Everyone keeps telling me that it is just a really bad year due to the lack of any rain.
    Call me before the time comes and I'll give you some valuable info that I have learned (not told by someone else) from experience at this point. I think that I could make it out without getting stuck at this point, you just have to be very selective on where you go. I could tell you where you need to be at Gordons now and not get stuck, but I am going to try Glamis once now as well.

sigepmock
    Are we going back to the same spot? Or Gecko? OR where?
    Gecko.
    Going out Thursday night and gonna try and get one of the big pads, a good spot in one of the loops, or all else fails all the way at the end, Road Runner, I think it's called.
    There's two of with moho's going out Thursday, maybe more, and then three or four more rigs on Friday. We're gonna save as big a spot as possible.
    Bill,
    Glad to hear you're coming out with us. Just let me go first....if I bury the moho then go a different way... :220v: j/k The pads on Gecko are very nice, there's about 2 to 3 inches of sand on top of heavy mesh sheets that are permanently buried. It's where all the 1/2 million dollar rigs park without getting stuck. I've only got stuck once there and that was because I ventured too far out and got off the pad. The pads are 40 to 50 feet wide so no problems. We'll help you get parked. When are you headed out?
    Michael, when are you headed out? Where are you camping?
    Chris

riverbound
    Gecko.
    Going out Thursday night and gonna try and get one of the big pads, a good spot in one of the loops, or all else fails all the way at the end, Road Runner, I think it's called.
    There's two of with moho's going out Thursday, maybe more, and then three or four more rigs on Friday. We're gonna save as big a spot as possible.
    Bill,
    Glad to hear you're coming out with us. Just let me go first....if I bury the moho then go a different way... :220v: j/k The pads on Gecko are very nice, there's about 2 to 3 inches of sand on top of heavy mesh sheets that are permanently buried. It's where all the 1/2 million dollar rigs park without getting stuck. I've only got stuck once there and that was because I ventured too far out and got off the pad. The pads are 40 to 50 feet wide so no problems. We'll help you get parked. When are you headed out?
    Michael, when are you headed out? Where are you camping?
    Chris
    I would be coming out Fri. After work.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast