Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: normal pull on steering

ol guy
    I have a 1978 eliminotor with a three blade precision and it pulls slightly to the right, Its not a fight but probably the same as VD cruiser. Let go of the wheel and slow turn to the right. Iv'e been told it is nature of the beast and to me no big deal. And yeah definetly likes right turns. Old single log steering with no assist.

Im thinking the only thing pulling is you on your pud....invite a real driver and i will shake it down for you son...J/K.Maybe the gnarconisis wedge is not on the right fulcrom which is not how is was designed thus giving you a push to the left or a pull as you call it.Simple cure put some gas in it and mash the fuccck out son.

SFV2RVR
    Revndave, what was you conclusion? I started to notice a little play in the helm, followed by a lot. I ended up having to replace the steering box, and the cable we were at it. I don't know if the problems were related, I'll find out soon when I get it out for a test run.
    I now have Revndave's 21RC, and from what I found out the cav plate was out of adjustment, and the right side steering cable was way loose. I also did replace the driver side steering cable that i got from scott. (huffpower) and ever since she steers like a dream. I can take both hands off the wheel, and it doesnt seem like it wants to go in either direction.

BobbyB
    I now have Revndave's 21RC, and from what I found out the cav plate was out of adjustment, and the right side steering cable was way loose. I also did replace the driver side steering cable that i got from scott. (huffpower) and ever since she steers like a dream. I can take both hands off the wheel, and it doesnt seem like it wants to go in either direction.
    Thanks SFVRVR, I have the single cable system. I 'm thinking that a double system would be beneficial, but I cruise below the sebindy mark, so I was told I didn't need the dbl system. I tried to get a new cable for the old morse helm, and ended up gettin sold on a new teleflex helm and cable. As soon as old speed is done rigging up a few things, I will gidder wet and see what shakes down. I hope the pralung is fixed. I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks,

BobbyB
    Im thinking the only thing pulling is you on your pud....invite a real driver and i will shake it down for you son...J/K.Maybe the gnarconisis wedge is not on the right fulcrom which is not how is was designed thus giving you a push to the left or a pull as you call it.Simple cure put some gas in it and mash the fuccck out son.
    As Plouff would say,
    "Well technically speaking, the triangulated pitman coefficient is mimicked by the gnarconisis wedge's fulcrom. That being said, MASH OUT SON!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

BobbyB
    Revndave, what was you conclusion? I started to notice a little play in the helm, followed by a lot. I ended up having to replace the steering box, and the cable we were at it. I don't know if the problems were related, I'll find out soon when I get it out for a test run.
    I coulda waited a few days and just asked you in person
    Didnt put too and two together 'til now.
    -BB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12