Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lavey Craft 26 NuEra impressions?

hotlavey
    Family Cat - A 29 NuEra is a perfect size for the Delta..I've been there a few times. Also a perfect size with twins for the ocean. The last thing you want is to be floating in the ocean with your family. If something fails you have another motor/drive to get you back to the docks.
    This bad boy is for sale - 29 with twins -122 hours on boat-MINT
    Chris 323 864 8332 -Will be in Havasu for the fourth.
    Just a quick question- what kind of fuel consumption do twins have compaired to a single? I've often wondered and really have no idea. As for reliability, the single engine offshore racers of Lavey to my knowledge have never broken down. I think the current engine/drive combo's are pretty darn reliable.

29 Lavey
    Hi,
    Most racing programs rebuild or go through their drives every/every other race.
    Family Cat mentioned Catalina and the Delta. If I had my choice and my family with me no doubt would I choose twins. No matter how reliable the packages are today who want's to run home from Catalina at 6:00pm and have a problem mid-way? Twins give you piece of mind in large bodies of water.
    Fuel use is relative. The motors work less to maintain let's say 80mph vs. a single ..but I still have 2 motors burning fuel.
    Family Cat -we are the second owners. The boat came from Lake Tahoe. I don't think I mentioned this boat has ProchargersM3's(5psi). In Tahoe the boat runs mid 90's. Sea level is over 100mph. Great thing is no adjustment needed if you want to run different altitudes ...computer does it all.
    HotLavey is your boat the blue graphic 275? If so, very nice!

hotlavey
    Hi,
    Most racing programs rebuild or go through their drives every/every other race.
    Family Cat mentioned Catalina and the Delta. If I had my choice and my family with me no doubt would I choose twins. No matter how reliable the packages are today who want's to run home from Catalina at 6:00pm and have a problem mid-way? Twins give you piece of mind in large bodies of water.
    Fuel use is relative. The motors work less to maintain let's say 80mph vs. a single ..but I still have 2 motors burning fuel.
    Family Cat -we are the second owners. The boat came from Lake Tahoe. I don't think I mentioned this boat has ProchargersM3's(5psi). In Tahoe the boat runs mid 90's. Sea level is over 100mph. Great thing is no adjustment needed if you want to run different altitudes ...computer does it all.
    HotLavey is your boat the blue graphic 275? If so, very nice!
    No, mine has no blue. It has the maroon, red flames with yellow orange fade, and a purple fade in the rear. Maybe that is the blue you are referring to. At the time it was painted it was called the "Dirty Duck" gel(after the race boat of the same name.) They charged extra for it.
    Sounds as tho you have a real barn burner. Any plans for another? If I may ask, why are you selling?
    Tom

29 Lavey
    We want to get back into the 38ft. size.
    Yeah BarnBurner....the only person to take it over 100mph was the mechanic who installed the Prochargers. He dialed it in and ran it to make sure it was perfect. I don't care to go that fast. I like to cruise at 80 with rpm's below 4k....do it all day long.
    If anyone is interested in a ride/purchase...I'll be in Havasu this week. The boat is a 10. If it were'nt for a little 2" mark/scuff on the boat you would think it just left Lavey Craft.

Familycat
    We want to get back into the 38ft. size.
    Yeah BarnBurner....the only person to take it over 100mph was the mechanic who installed the Prochargers. He dialed it in and ran it to make sure it was perfect. I don't care to go that fast. I like to cruise at 80 with rpm's below 4k....do it all day long.
    If anyone is interested in a ride/purchase...I'll be in Havasu this week. The boat is a 10. If it were'nt for a little 2" mark/scuff on the boat you would think it just left Lavey Craft.
    Interesting, how about pictures and price.
    Rick

29 Lavey
    FamilyCat - I sent you a PM

hotlavey
    Family
    Here is my 2750. Still looks the same as new. I sent you a PM.

29 Lavey
    HotLavey -
    Very nice looking boat. Why are you selling?

hotlavey
    Thanks.
    As for why the sell, I am now retired and the wife "suggests" that maybe I should consider a more family friendly boat(read slower). As we now have 3 under 10 grandkiddies, (and a fourth by next summer), a deck boat would work a little better- easier on and off as well as a private potty area for the more bashfull of the clan. I will still be able to ski and we can do all the stuff that kids like to do so, aside from the speed and looks and a tiny race or two, I won't be scrificing much. I hope.
    The buyer will not go wrong with either of these boats.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123