Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 2004 DCB F26..........priced to sell!!

Ivan Dan
    gotta call teague about that one. The way its setup now though it does run flawless.
    If you did take off the blower, you could then tell your insurance you have a 450hp 502 or 509?
    HA HA thats why I'm asking because I definitely don't wanna spend $4500 a year for insurance the way it is.

bigq
    Sweet DCB. I would think you would be better off building a different motor and selling that one. My guess is it would not run the best to just pull the blower off and add a manifold and carb.

mbrown2
    If you were to take the supercharger off this motor what HP would you be looking at? Speeds? Would I be safe to assume that insurance rates would be quite a bit cheapers as well with out the s/c?
    Dan, I would get a quote through Shawn (Insurance God) or Devin Wozencraft...both are repping a new underwriter that has much more competitive cat rates then a year ago....as long as it is 26' or greater and under 120mph....I would think as much as 30% - 40% less then the Markel route...
    Example: A recent quote for a brand new Bullet 28 with 900hp...which Markel was questioning insuring, the new underwriter covered it for 2900...(not the faulty Canadian company)....Remember, Bullet owners pretty much paid the same as Cat owners just a year ago...

Ivan Dan
    Dan, I would get a quote through Shawn (Insurance God) or Devin Wozencraft...both are repping a new underwriter that has much more competitive cat rates then a year ago....as long as it is 26' or greater and under 120mph....I would think as much as 30% - 40% less then the Markel route...
    Example: A recent quote for a brand new Bullet 28 with 900hp...which Markel was questioning insuring, the new underwriter covered it for 2900...(not the faulty Canadian company)....Remember, Bullet owners pretty much paid the same as Cat owners just a year ago...
    I got quoted from Shawn about 2 months ago for a DCB F26 at a value of 90k (just a hypothetical #) with a 525 for $2800 a year and a 26 Daytona of the same value & motor was going to be $3200 a year.
    I'm not quite ready yet (still waiting for my house to sell) once I get that thing sold I will be seriously looking. Thanks for the heads up though!

Cole Trickle
    I got quoted from Shawn about 2 months ago for a DCB F26 at a value of 90k (just a hypothetical #) with a 525 for $2800 a year and a 26 Daytona of the same value & motor was going to be $3200 a year.
    I'm not quite ready yet (still waiting for my house to sell) once I get that thing sold I will be seriously looking. Thanks for the heads up though!
    Do It!! Do It!! :crossx:
    Ask Teague if you could throw a bigger pulley on it and tune it down to 650HP and run 89 Octane.(Check the difference insurance wise to see if it is worth it)

dirtracer
    or just keep it the way it is and pay a little extra :crossx:

02HoWaRd26
    Where are the pics of the house...

dirtracer
    this boat is still available!

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
    Seems bass ackwards that someone considers buying this caliber of boat and detune or repower it???? Price is dropping

dirtracer
    im not going any lower than 93k. If it doesnt sell its worth it for me to keep it till jan. 07 and sell it for a little more.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast