Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pickles

1000mhz
    Can everybody here list some known pickleforks from the 70's and 80's? Im a poor man trying to play a rich mans game and would like to get into one of these for fairly cheap! So far I have checked out
    Liberator and Daytona but still dont know how far they go back. Would like an old beater I can build myself. So please list all you know of so I can check it out. Thanks fellas.......... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

rivercrazy
    I'd stick with the Eliminators. The Liberators are not as high quality and are laid up much lighter, thus won't hold up as long.
    Originally posted by 1000mhz:
    Can everybody here list some known pickleforks from the 70's and 80's? Im a poor man trying to play a rich mans game and would like to get into one of these for fairly cheap! So far I have checked out
    Liberator and Daytona but still dont know how far they go back. Would like an old beater I can build myself. So please list all you know of so I can check it out. Thanks fellas.......... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

1000mhz
    So how about that boat list, I want to spend under $,$$$ (notice only 4 digits, hehe).

Reaper1
    Sanger
    Hondo
    ???

Charley
    Ive got an 89 21' eliminator Daytona with a 300 HP v8 Johnson for sale...its a black boat with + 7 accent colors...needs a few things but under $10k purchase +3k you would have a pretty nice boat

Back To Havasu
    After Eliminator's racing and sales success with the 19' Daytona in 1976, as is the norm in the boat industry, nearly every manufacturer either "splashed" the design or modified their own existing hulls to make a picklefork. Hondo and Sanger modified their drag hydros for recreational jet applications. Advantage (banshee), and Nordic, Rapid Craft, Starbuck, Mirage, STV, Cougar, Talon,Skater,and others followed suit thereafter. The very first picklefork I recall seeing was Dave Kober's Kober Kat outboard catamaran in the early to mid fifties. Then the picklefork replaced the shovelnose in drag boats in the early sixties.

intense
    Charley:
    Ive got an 89 21' eliminator Daytona with a 300 HP v8 Johnson for sale...its a black boat with + 7 accent colors...needs a few things but under $10k purchase +3k you would have a pretty nice boatHave any pics of it you could post? I know someone that might be interested.

Charley
    [/QUOTE]Have any pics of it you could post? I know someone that might be interested.[/QB][/QUOTE]
    I have a tenative buyer right now... I will know for sure in one week...if it falls through Ill definitely hit you up and thanks for the interest!

wsm9808
    I,ve got an 87 stallion that is just a tad over your 4 didget limit, but it is a super nice boat with the original gelcoat in perfect condition. I'm sure we could work out some kind of deal and you could even put part of it on your credit card and be crusing the lake next weekend. Some pics at
    http://community.webshots.com/user/wsm9808

bulldogdad
    i was gettimg ready to tell you i drove a stallion pickel back in florida in 1980,then i saw wsm's post.It was a great ride,no porpose and great craftmanship.seams like wsm would help you out to the water!hey wsm how do you like the eliminator and nice work on the camaro!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast