***** I noticed that this topic may be in the wrong forum, if someone would please move it to the correct place to post a topic on this, that would be great. Sorry about that... i didnt realize you guys had a forum for outdrives******
anyone around here a boat guru, inpaticularly the OMC 800 sterndrive.
Seems that my steering is hella jacked, its like tring to turn a macktruck without powersteering......
i bought a used cable for it which seems to be in great condition and pretty easy to move in both directions with a screwdriver, but the manual i have for my outdrive says NOTHING about the steering cable.
as i was inspecting my current cable (tring to remove it, heh) i lossend the tentioners on the back of each head. while playing with this, i noticed that the tentioners where hella cranked on the heads (putting alot of force on the cables themself) after loosining them up on both ends, and then tighting back up to remove any slop i noticed that it was 50% better than it was. however im still unsure of how easy this manual steering should turn. should it be like super easy, or would that cause the wheel to yank outa my hands when i hit the gass, or should there be some force behind it?
if we are thinking the cable needs to be replaced, then OK, how the fuq do i remove it from the rear where it hooks into the outdrive?
If its possable that the cable is in need of more adjusting to get it function correctly, how do i go about adjusting it in the propor method? or was i going about it the correct way already?
any help on this would be great, this weekend is already shot do to the repairs i have to do, so id like to get this handled at the same time
Thanks in Advance
Wicked