Thread: Jet Boat Ins Tips??

mendo247
    Well i just got my insurance renewal in the mail... last year it was $264 for the year.. apparently that company will not cover it anymore but my agent was able to find another company but they wany $946 for a year!! she couldnt even find another company to quote it.. she thinks that because this is not my primary boat allot of companies are not interested in covering it.. i love my jet but i just cant justify $1000.00 dollars a year for insurance when i only use it maybe ten times a year.. so what are you guys paying and what company are you with???? thanks for your help!

Fasterthebetter
    I just got State Farm last week. My boat is insured for 25,000. And its 409.00 a year. I have an open motor and a 600 horse California Performance. But you cant give the insurance agent to much info or it will go up. I had some trouble because of the open motor but State Farm is good beacuse they never ask to many questions.
    -FTB

mendo247
    thanks ill give sf a call...

GunninGopher
    I also have state farm and all they asked was a few simple questions. I can't recall right now what I am paying, but it is for a lot of coverage on a $6500 value.
    As far as we both know, I have a 300 HP motor (stock 460 with 300 hours). That used to be the cutoff for AAA, if that helps.

NautiII
    I have a 72 Kona, and nobody will insure it. not even State Farm, who I have had insurance with since 1979!!!!!!

According to my agent, it's a year thing with State Farm. I've been with State Farm for 32 years. I have two trucks, a motorcycle, a car, and my home all insured with State Farm. They won't cover my boat.
    It wasn't due to horsepower, low profile, open headers, drive type, the length or anything else. Simply that at the time 1977 was the cutoff year for boats. Mine's a 1976.

olbiezer
    i had progressive on my v drive and went to transfer it over to the daytona and was told they do not insure tunnel boats at any cost........i asked of they would insure a 36 ft 140 mph daytona cat and he said probably would......what a bunch of crap......