Thread: Hey Old Rigger!

DelawareDave
    Did you do this? I turned my deck over today and saw this on the bottom side. 1975 Hawaiian!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../3062Deck5.JPG

likwidsukr
    I'm sure he knows who did.

that's a funny picture.
    I have no memory of doing that, and I was the only Rich in the shop. Could have been, and I'm just guessing here, that some of the other guys I worked with were messin' with me. I'm color blind and a few times almost bonded the wrong deck on the wrong hull. We had several molds for the more popular boats, so some days there'd be 6 parts waiting to put together three, 18 footers. More than once my 'buddies' let me get as far as to have my glass and resin ready to go, deck taped to the hull and ready to bond. I'd look over and they'd be laughing their ass's off cause I was about to bond the blue flake deck to the green bottom, or whatever the case may have been.
    I remember being ribbed for quite a while by them and those guys writing my name on the parts may have been part of the joke, but I can't say that's the case for sure. Shit, that was over 30 years ago now, I'm lucky to remember anything that happened back then.
    cool pic though, thanks for posting it.

DelawareDave
    I thought you would appreciate the pic. It appears to be the same material that was used to "paint" up in the bow area for a uniform (black) color. I wasn't sure if you "signed" your work or not. I am leaving it intact, tho, for the future.

DelawareDave
    Also found these initials behind the dash.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/3062RWT2.jpg