Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat wont spin.

80Dimarco
    I got a 95 Ultra 21 LX this weekend, now I got two damn boats, anyhow....
    boat was running good this weekend, tried to start it today and the engine won't even turn. Batteries(2) seem good and the starter is zingin like crazy but it aint turning the motor, any idea's?

wrenchdaddy
    the bendix could be stuck so that it doesn't shove the gear out to engage the flywhweel, orrrrr maybe the flywheel could be chewed up real bad?

Wicked Performance Boats
    Replace the starter or turn the motor over by hand and try again. If no start, buy starter. Budlight

likwidsukr
    Mine did the same overnight and I tapped it with a brass hammer and freed the solenoid up so it would engage. It has been working fine ever since. But most likely is starter tap or replace

80Dimarco
    Thanks fellas, I tried it a few minutes ago, started right up. Turned it off, then the same shite again and now it won't start LOL I think you guys are right and the starter needs to be replaced.
    Now I just need to find the right starter!

80Dimarco
    Oh I also hear some Jing-a-ling sound, seems like its coming from the through transem pipes or the jet, don't see anything funny though.
    My Dimarco doesnt make any funky sounds like that!

80Dimarco
    Took the starter to Auto PArt place and they tested it and say starter is good. hmmm,..,.,

castone001
    is it jing a ling a ding dong or just jing a lingy? LOL!!
    sorry couldn't resist!!

snake321
    you got a flex plate or a flywheel?

80Dimarco
    Fly wheel I think and the gears felt fine, I am at work and will check it closer when I get home.
    I need to fix this crap asap got a cabin booked on Big bear lake starting on friday. Can't seem to find anyone with this starter either. Wife is taking it to a place to get it checked again and maybe rebuilt if it fails the this test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast