Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eliminator Daytona question

DogHouse
    1000mhz, which one to get depends on power. The 19 and 21 have a full depth center sponson that will accomodate a jet pump. The 21 has noticably more room inside than the 19. Starting with the 22 (I think), the bigger models have elevated center pods that are designed for use with outboards and sterndrives. What type of power were you looking to run?
    -brian

Charley
    Originally posted by 1000mhz:
    Charley, isnt the bottom hull design unchanged between daytona models? Your talking about top/hight/interior correct? I was also told if I where to get an old daytona that the 21' is the size to get.
    Dramatic differences in each and every bottom... I loved my 21.....It's for sale......Cheap hehehe

Craig
    Originally posted by XTRM22:
    Like you can even remember the mid 70's! LOL
    After all that time in the South Pacific, I'm kinda surprised you remember how to use the computer. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    Chuck
    Believe it or not each hotel even had a computer you could hook up to the net at the front desk area, albeit at very limited times! I meant to post a message from there, but always got sidetracked!
    I have many fond memories of that time...I think http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    Yes after 8 days if the south Pacific, I had to look at a map to find my way back to work yesterday! Hell, we're already talking about a group trip next year...wanna go?
    See ya' this weekend!
    Craig
    [This message has been edited by Craig (edited July 02, 2002).]

Back To Havasu
    Dear 1000mhz, HavasuDreamin is right on about the Eliminator 19 Daytona. First introduced in 1976 as a jet boat, and then with the introduction of the V6 outboards, a bracket was added to the 19' and it became an outboard. The hull continues in production, the center pod is configured for a jet, and if you order an outboard, they bolt a bracket on. I raced boats in the 50's, and the Power cats, Kober Kats and other twin hulled boats were all catamarans with individual flat planing surfaces on the bottom of both sponsons, and performed satisfactorily with twin engines. As I understand the modern tunnel, it was developed by Renato Molinari of Italy in the 60s, and first raced with twin inline Mercury Outboards, and later V6s. Art Carlson made boats in the 60s that looked like tunnels in the front, but became flatbottoms with non-trip chines at the transom.

HavasuDreamin'
    Back To Havasu:
    Dear 1000mhz, HavasuDreamin is right on about the Eliminator 19 Daytona. First introduced in 1976 as a jet boat, and then with the introduction of the V6 outboards, a bracket was added to the 19' and it became an outboard. The hull continues in production, the center pod is configured for a jet, and if you order an outboard, they bolt a bracket on. I raced boats in the 50's, and the Power cats, Kober Kats and other twin hulled boats were all catamarans with individual flat planing surfaces on the bottom of both sponsons, and performed satisfactorily with twin engines. As I understand the modern tunnel, it was developed by Renato Molinari of Italy in the 60s, and first raced with twin inline Mercury Outboards, and later V6s. Art Carlson made boats in the 60s that looked like tunnels in the front, but became flatbottoms with non-trip chines at the transom.Not doubting you knowledge here at all, but I think Ron Ehde was instrumental in the modern day tunnel hull design as well. He was the brains and tool meister behind the 19' Daytona.

Back To Havasu
    To HavasuDreamin'...You may be correct regarding Ron Ehde and the recreational tunnel. I was referring to the racing evoloution of the catamaran into the tunnel for racing purposes. Neither the racing catamarans of the 50s or the racing tunnels of the 60s had center pod. When introduced for recreational purposes in the 70s, they came as jets with centerpods. Take care.

bulldogdad
    Ahhhh,the late 70's,some of the best times of my life,lmao,and i still remeber them?eliminator also made the scorpian tunnel with no center sponson if i remeber correctly didn't they?

HavasuDreamin'
    bulldogdad:
    Ahhhh,the late 70's,some of the best times of my life,lmao,and i still remeber them?eliminator also made the scorpian tunnel with no center sponson if i remeber correctly didn't they?Eliminator did make the Scorpion tunnel between say 85 or so and 89 or so (little fuzzy on dates) when they sold the mold to advantage who will still build one if interested. In my experience, those boats did not run very well in any configuration. They had trouble airing out. I have never seen one without the center pod, however I have seen one 19' Daytona without a center pod and one 21' Daytona without the center pod. In fact the 19' was up for sale in the mid-90's around Lake Havasu. Very cheap, around $10K and the owner claimed 104mph with an older style 2.4 Merc Race Motor. The boat was black with white, yellow, and orange. Not bad looking but HOT! The 21' without the center pod is all red and up for sale on the ***boat classified section.

burbanite
    I thought a family feud may have been about to break out here Phew!
    [ July 26, 2002, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: burbanite ]

565edge
    I had a advantage banshee,it sucked!had alot of work done to it,very nice looking boat but did not perform well with a jet,boght a tom papp edge and every thing changed,now its like holy shit i cant believe the rush!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast