Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once Again-prop Advice-but Different?

Not So Fast
    Yes more prop questions. My son just bought a 25 Daytona, single step, HP 500/ Bravo with 1.35 gears. the prop on it is some off brand 25 P 4 blade but its about a 13" diameter (looks sort of funny). It works pretty well if no more than 2 or 3 people are on board, not so good with any more. Top speed so far is about 78mph, tattle tale says 81mph, RPMS at 5100. We want to go obviously with a Bravo 1, 4 blade of correct dia. of 15" but am wondering about pitch. Most guys I see with this setup run a Bravo 1, 4 blade 26P. With the high gears how about a stock 22 P or a labbed 24. Will that off set the tall gears?? Anybody have first hand knowledge?? Thanks guys, NSF

Pro Max
    I would think a labbed 24 would be in order, I am in Havasu every other weekend and I have one he could try.

Not So Fast
    I would think a labbed 24 would be in order, I am in Havasu every other weekend and I have one he could try.
    Thanks Pro Max, one of his brothers has such a prop on his boat and we are going to give that a try, just not this weekend though. I think it might be a trial & error type thing but hopefully it is either what you say or a stock 22. Thanks again, NSF

STV_Keith
    Call Kevin at R&R Prop Shop in Henderson, NV. He's real good about talking about this kind of stuff, and has lots of knowledge. 702-564-7502.

BadKachina
    Why would that set up have those gears? 1.50 with a 28/26pitch prop would a ton more efficient, and probably give you a couple of mph. Is it an XR or Bravo 1? If it's an XR you could offer the lower(gear changes are in the lower on XR's) in trade on OSO or in the classifieds here and I'll bet you'd get an offer on it pretty quick. If you decide to stay with those gears, a 22 or 24 @1.35 will be right in the middle of a 26 with 1.50's.

Not So Fast
    Why would that set up have those gears? 1.50 with a 28/26pitch prop would a ton more efficient, and probably give you a couple of mph. Is it an XR or Bravo 1? If it's an XR you could offer the lower(gear changes are in the lower on XR's) in trade on OSO or in the classifieds here and I'll bet you'd get an offer on it pretty quick. If you decide to stay with those gears, a 22 or 24 @1.35 will be right in the middle of a 26 with 1.50's.
    Boat had a blower motor in it at one point, hence the 1.35's, it's a straight Bravo. To do the MaxMachine thing with the correct gears I understand to be about $1500 give or take and to change out right now money wise is not happening for him. If the Bravo gives up then he would change over at that point. As per your thoughts I thought that labbed 24P might do the trick, we'll see on Wed. and thanks for the advice, its appreciated. I'll post results for future reference! NSF

TIMINATOR
    How bad IS a BADKACHINA???? Why is it bad? Because it's a Kachina? Because its injection is blown? I'm sooooooooo confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIMINATOR

BadKachina
    How bad IS a BADKACHINA???? Why is it bad? Because it's a Kachina? Because its injection is blown? I'm sooooooooo confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIMINATOR
    All Kachina's are bad, the interpretation of bad happens to be the subject of many debates on this website. :argue:
    I called you Friday night Tim, did you do anything of interest this weekend? I ended up riding jetski's at Bartlet and sitting in an air conditioned motorhome all weekend. The teenage boys had fun on the skis, the wife and I watched a bunch of movies.........

Not So Fast
    OK heres the results. 25 Daytona, HP500, Bravo w/1.36 gears. Put different prop, Bravo1, 4 blade, 24P (repaired or reconditioned, 23p?) today on Havasu 109mph,just kidding, 109 temp, little humid, light wind chop, 1/2 on fuel, 3 adults. 3500rpm=50mph, 4000rpm=58-60mph, 5000rpm=78mph, 5200rpm= just at 80mph and touching limiter. Mid range acceleration xlint, bowrise normal (It is after all a Daytona) Over all very pleased with the results. Thanks for your help. Now I need a blue motor for my sled NSF PS Yes GPS

BadKachina
    OK heres the results. 25 Daytona, HP500, Bravo w/1.36 gears. Put different prop, Bravo1, 4 blade, 24P (repaired or reconditioned, 23p?) today on Havasu 109mph,just kidding, 109 temp, little humid, light wind chop, 1/2 on fuel, 3 adults. 3500rpm=50mph, 4000rpm=58-60mph, 5000rpm=78mph, 5200rpm= just at 80mph and touching limiter. Mid range acceleration xlint, bowrise normal (It is after all a Daytona) Over all very pleased with the results. Thanks for your help. Now I need a blue motor for my sled NSF PS Yes GPS
    That's some pretty good numbers. Your running 8% slip and you should be more than happy with that. (I'm extremely jealous)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast