Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The problem with Tunnels!

LevoeDCB22
    Anything with a motors dangerous with a loose nut behind the wheel

jackpunx
    Infomaniac:
    I was there. Not the boat's fault. When you say not the boats fault. Is that because he shouldn’t have been going that fast in those conditions?
    Trim to high?
    ???
    What was the issue.. not at all meant to knock the driver.. I just want to know what to avoid
    Thanks

Reaper1
    T. Slick. Why don't you post that video here. wink

XTRM22
    LevoeDCB22:
    Anything with a motors dangerous with a loose nut behind the wheel I resemble that remark!
    Chuck

mbrown2
    XTRM22:
    mbrown2:
    I feel safer at 100 in a tunnel then I do at 70 in semi-v boat... I am a lifetime Vee owner, and I gotta agree with Brown on this one! Just my .02
    Chuck
    Just wanted to get that on record...might need it someday..

Infomaniac
    jackpunx:
    Infomaniac:
    I was there. Not the boat's fault. When you say not the boats fault. Is that because he shouldn’t have been going that fast in those conditions?
    Trim to high?
    ???
    What was the issue.. not at all meant to knock the driver.. I just want to know what to avoid
    Thanks Too fast for conditions and too much trim.
    I was running a boat that was every bit as fast as that one but a bit smaller. After yanking out of the throttle from flying out of the water - went through the lights at 88 MPH.
    I had a Kamikaze run planned also. Sorry he had to learn that lesson for me just before I ran.

Phat_Kat
    XTRM22:
    mbrown2:
    I feel safer at 100 in a tunnel then I do at 70 in semi-v boat... I am a lifetime Vee owner, and I gotta agree with Brown on this one! I quit doing the poker runs partially cause nobody wanted to ride with me in my 64mph vee in poker run water. I rode with Charley last spring in the Heatwave Poker run and was in the back seat at 119mph and never had the ragged edge of disaster feeling I had in my 22' vee at 64mph. You run that hard, any boat can hurt cha, blowing over is just how the Cats do it. It's a serious rush running a vee at chinewalking speeds, but spin one out one time and you'll think twice about that rush.
    Just my .02
    Chuck
    damn now I admitted to agreeing with Mbrown2, what's next? From my experiences it's the height and size of the boat that causes the terror. The taller the boat the less terrifying the ride is. An F-29 sits much higher than a 22 vee. Try taking a ride in a large vee and see what you think then. It probably won't be as cofortable but it will probably prove my point. Another attribute that makes a tunnel feel safer than a vee is that a tunnel is far more graceful on the water. A vee lays over in turns while a tunnel simply drifts sideways and floats on top of the water. This is only my thoughts and experiences so you may disagree with me but I really think this is what makes a comfortable ride in a boat.
    Thanks,
    PK
    [ September 08, 2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]

jackpunx
    Infomaniac:
    jackpunx:
    Infomaniac:
    Trim to high?
    ???
    Thanks Too fast for conditions and too much trim.
    I was running a boat that was every bit as fast as that one but a bit smaller. After yanking out of the throttle from flying out of the water - went through the lights at 88 MPH.
    I had a Kamikaze run planned also. Sorry he had to learn that lesson for me just before I ran. thanks for the reply.. Sometimes I feel like everyone knows but me.. I have about 40 hr of seat time in my new boat.. Always had a jet before.. Now its all about the trim... I think I found the sweet spot for it.. I know when I get up a little over 80 if my trim is to high the nose of the boat will start to do little circles, gets really light.. if I bring it down just a click.. I still continue to go faster.. But it calms down a little.. Does that sound right?.. or should I leave the trim up and pray.. My boat will do 93 right now...I’m adding more power/prop this week.. Should give me at least another 15mph.. any info is welcome.. I dont want to end up on my back.
    Thanks

Three Days Only
    Reaper1:
    T. Slick. Why don't you post that video here. wink Here is the video of that crash, but first the callan marine boat runs 205... Open it windows media player.
    callan video
    [ September 08, 2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Three Days Only ]

Well Done
    Hey Three Days Only.....the HTM Crash happened right in front of me. I would like to replay the video but it would not load. Anyone else have the same problem. 3day,,can you re-post the video?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast