Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Immortalized in the Daily News

ratso
    C'mon...We can do better than Bitch...I doubt it will make the papers. Bitch doesn't even PO my wife anymore. You have to take a more personal approach to it. Can someone get a picture of her posted? This could be fun.

Racing Ray
    Tell me, has anyone even given thought to how this paper happened to even find our little world?
    I doubt seriously she just happened by here by some sort of mistake. Check back how far that thread she quoted has slid into history.
    I wonder more what member tipped the newspaper that those posts even existed. I went back and reviewed all those posts last night, see if you can figure it out. I think I have.

gimprvr
    Originally posted by ratso:
    C'mon...We can do better than Bitch...I doubt it will make the papers. Bitch doesn't even PO my wife anymore. You have to take a more personal approach to it. Can someone get a picture of her posted? This could be fun.
    I like Ratso's Idea, let's get a picture....maybe a little cut and paste with Tracy Lords and viola!!! we got a new thread. Or do we already have her picture on the swimsuit thread of the media center, you'll know.....

RiverDave
    Originally posted by Racing Ray:
    Tell me, has anyone even given thought to how this paper happened to even find our little world?
    I doubt seriously she just happened by here by some sort of mistake. Check back how far that thread she quoted has slid into history.
    I wonder more what member tipped the newspaper that those posts even existed. I went back and reviewed all those posts last night, see if you can figure it out. I think I have.
    And?
    RD

RiverLife
    I was wondering the same thing RacingRay, but haven't come to a conclusion..... I second RD's question (And?). I'm curious to know why this person allerted the press.
    BTW - F**K the news people, I've always hated them.

RiverToysJas
    Maybe we could figure this out this way:
    Wasn't Me.
    RTJas http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

gimprvr
    didn't do it!!!!

Magnum
    The negative comments made by members are childish and spoken out of anger. Although we are all saddened by the tragic events that occured, we can not ignore the reality, the facts that were mentioned in the article. The tests were not "sanctioned", there were no emergency vehicles standing by, and lifeguards have been asked to look the other way. Rather than complain and insult the Daily News reporter, we should all gather together to make sure that nothing like this EVER happens again. We should also hold responsible the lifeguard officials who allowed this to occur.

RiverToysJas
    Originally posted by Magnum:
    The negative comments made by members are childish and spoken out of anger. Although we are all saddened by the tragic events that occured, we can not ignore the reality, the facts that were mentioned in the article. The tests were not "sanctioned", there were no emergency vehicles standing by, and lifeguards have been asked to look the other way. Rather than complain and insult the Daily News reporter, we should all gather together to make sure that nothing like this EVER happens again. We should also hold responsible the lifeguard officials who allowed this to occur.
    First off, who are you? Are you a boater?
    I thought emergency vehicles were always standing by, one needs only dial 911 to get them rolling to your location. "Life Guards" were on boats and in the water at the time of the accident.
    "we should all gather together to make sure that nothing like this EVER happens again." Like what, testing of new boats? Or Accidents while testing? Isn't it the duty of the builder to find the edge of the envelope? Isn't it the responsible thing to do? OR by "like this" do you mean should nobody ever die doing what they love? That would certainly be ideal, but we don't live in an idea world. We are fortunate to live in a country where we are free to take risks. Those men knew just what they were doing, they knew the risks involved and they knew there was a chance they would not return to the dock. That's the game some of us choose to play. Yes there were precautions that those four men didn't take that MAY have saved one or more of them, maybe not. Two men died at the Parker circle races in November, those were experienced racers, in a SANCTIONED event, with emergancy personel on boats nearby, and thay had proper racing gear on. That's boat racing buddy. It's dangerous to push the limits in this sport, not unlike many other sports.
    This tragity DID open the eyes of many people here. It did spur much thought about safety. It did cause many of us re-evaluate what we do and how we do it. If you had been around here more than a day, you'd know that. So get back on your high horse and take your soap box somewhere where you actually understand the situation.
    "We should also hold responsible the lifeguard officials who allowed this to occur." Allowed this to occur? I didn't know any of them were in the boat, or at the controls? I didn't know LA County Life Guards were Gods that decide who dies and who lives in tragic crashes. OR do mean that they let them, and others, run their boats above the posted speed limit? Yes, they did do that and yes four people died as a result of it. You can find your peace with this situation by blaming whoever is convient, but the fact is they could have run that boat to 150mph any place they chose to. They were breaking the law and THEY paid the ultimate price, the driver specifically is accountable for that. But they all knew the situation, they knew the speed limit was 35, not 150. If they'd been busted for speeding, the driver would have gotten the ticket, not the life guard that 'let it happen'. Since there was tragic death involved it's now different? I think you would have much prefered they took their fatal ride away from your city and park. Fair enough I guess, you claim to live there. You'd not even care about this event if it hadn't brought attention to the area you call home.
    If you are a boater, are you a custom boat owner? IF so, have you ever exceeded the 35 mph speed limit at Castaic?
    RTJas
    BTW 'Magnum' or Amy or whoever you are, I don't hide behind anonymity, my e-mail address is in my profile!
    [This message has been edited by RiverToysJas (edited April 03, 2002).]

DMB
    F%$ck , here we go again.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast