Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tow with a Rhino?

XtrmWakeborder
    Look for a Suzuki Samuri. This is exactly what i would do. Drop a 350 in it, strip it down and make it a tube buggy sorta and youd have the ultimate launch vehicle.

Lightning
    I would think that it's a stretch with the Rhino on your boat, especially is tongue weight is an issue. I think a Suzuki Samurai would be the way to go, plus they are thousands cheaper.
    Get one with no top, take off the doors, remove the back seat, weld on a hitch, drop it in 4low and you're good to go. It would probably fit in the moho and be just at the right weight.

Froggy: A simple soloution for the tounge weight problem would be to put a rubber wheel on the tounge jack "Reinforced Tounge Jack" to take the weight off of the tow rig (wichever one you choose).
    Steve

Froggystyle
    Stop saying Samurai or Jeep. They are too large, and weigh too much. Period. I need something that is light, small and can tow the boat in and out. The Mule looks like it might be the deal but it is 400 pounds too heavy. The golf cart weighs just under 1,100 all decked out and the lift will not carry two people and the cart. Figure it gets stopped in it's tracks at about 1500, and that is the Mule's dry weight advertised. Add a cage, take away the bed, add some seats etc... and I bet it would be too heavy.
    Tough nut to crack. I don't know that the system exists to do what I need to do, but what I am looking at right now is building a Rhino with a supercharger, airbags and upgraded clutch assembly. The company I am looking to work with is providing a suspension, body panels and cage etc...
    Who knows... I was just hoping to find out someone was towing their 21 Schiada in and out with it all the time or something. The Trident weighs in at under 6K on the trailer, which is only slightly more than my last 21, which I saw being launched with impunity at Fischers landing this weekend.

rlj676
    I think I see where this is going, and in a few years there will be a new vehicle on the market, with all the looks and plus of a rhino, but with a serious tow capacity named Lightning (Zuess's weapon in hand). I'm fairly new around here, but I can only imagine this is how you decided to make Trident, which looks awesome by the way.

Lightning
    Stop saying Samurai or Jeep. They are too large, and weigh too much. Period. I need something that is light, small and can tow the boat in and out. The Mule looks like it might be the deal but it is 400 pounds too heavy. The golf cart weighs just under 1,100 all decked out and the lift will not carry two people and the cart. Figure it gets stopped in it's tracks at about 1500, and that is the Mule's dry weight advertised. Add a cage, take away the bed, add some seats etc... and I bet it would be too heavy.
    Tough nut to crack. I don't know that the system exists to do what I need to do, but what I am looking at right now is building a Rhino with a supercharger, airbags and upgraded clutch assembly. The company I am looking to work with is providing a suspension, body panels and cage etc...
    Who knows... I was just hoping to find out someone was towing their 21 Schiada in and out with it all the time or something. The Trident weighs in at under 6K on the trailer, which is only slightly more than my last 21, which I saw being launched with impunity at Fischers landing this weekend.
    How hard is it to get a lift with a higher weight capacity?

Froggystyle
    How hard is it to get a lift with a higher weight capacity?
    Irrelevant. The capacity of the garage/moho is near it's limits at a full load of water, fuel and 1500 in the garage. If I can't lift it, it shouldn't be in the garage...

Froggystyle
    I think I see where this is going, and in a few years there will be a new vehicle on the market, with all the looks and plus of a rhino, but with a serious tow capacity named Lightning (Zuess's weapon in hand). I'm fairly new around here, but I can only imagine this is how you decided to make Trident, which looks awesome by the way.
    In the words of "Big Weld"... "See a need... fill a need"!
    And thanks for the good words. It certainly does fill the need well!

Lightning
    Irrelevant. The capacity of the garage/moho is near it's limits at a full load of water, fuel and 1500 in the garage. If I can't lift it, it shouldn't be in the garage...
    "I think we're going to need a bigger boat"

Big Kahunaa
    In the words of "Big Weld"... "See a need... fill a need"!
    !
    thats funny could you put a brake controler on it to use the trailer brakes to help stop it

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast