Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cole Boats

Throttle
    Funny you should ask about Jim's whereabouts... I was recently in da channel with a friend that has one of his boats and we just discussing that same thing... mmmmmm? :idea:

CJ Skier
    Eric flipped me the photos. Unfortunately the colors were not right for me.
    It has a 496 Mag HO and he wants $75,000. Seems pretty high for an 02.
    I am leaning towards the Howard. Either the 250 Offshore Mid Cabin or the 25 Bullet. The 250 Offshore is much larger than the Bullet.
    Thanks

al cole'holic
    Eric flipped me the photos. Unfortunately the colors were not right for me.
    It has a 496 Mag HO and he wants $75,000. Seems pretty high for an 02.
    I am leaning towards the Howard. Either the 250 Offshore Mid Cabin or the 25 Bullet. The 250 Offshore is much larger than the Bullet.
    Thanks
    ...one of the reasons it never sold, plus I don't even think it was $75k in 2002..that boat will never sell for that, but I am sure Eric won't mind the continued use of it while it's "for sale"

Todd969
    I figured that is where you were going, and they are probably the only ones that still have seperate molds...
    Nordic has seperate molds for open and closed decks.

Marty Gras
    "Badaxe" isn't your "HOWARD" one of the old "Hocking Boats" molds? Gene bought a few from them, way back.

J540
    Howard and Hallett were one of the few boat builders that had molds for their open bow boats,so when they came out of the mold there was no cutting involved. Whereas Cole boats would come out as a closed bow and then they would take a jig saw to it and cut out an open bow, which meant it had to be reinforced a reglassed for strength. Howard and Hallett offered lifetime hull warranties and Cole offered a 10 yr hull warranty. Before I purchased my Howard I had it narrowed down to these 3 boat builders.
    That was on the first molds, Then when he had a few prob, he change it and had a closed deck and open bow deck, and the open bow had a 2" to 2 1/2" drop in it, even the inside sides had more drop in them.

Partycattin
    I was surprised of how many Cole's I saw in Havasu over the last week. Everyone of them looked brand new. Either Cole's owners are very anal, or Cole just did a great job on gelcoats. Nice, timeless boats though.

life's a river
    Doesn't another west coast company have all or some of the Cole molds? I seem to remember talking to someone at the LA boat show about this. :idea:
    I would think somebody on here would have some info.
    PK

BADAXE
    "Badaxe" isn't your "HOWARD" one of the old "Hocking Boats" molds? Gene bought a few from them, way back.
    Interesting question......but I have three for you first.
    Can you not tell from the picture, or do you have another motive for the question?
    Do you know where Hocking got their mold from?
    What boat do you own?

Trailer Park Casanova
    I used to live just around the corner from Cole and still have that home as a rental to beautiful young, Canadian nurses :http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/sh...ighlight=house
    Great Boats with their value judged soley by condition, not year or model, and that's a good statement toward any motor product.
    Mr Cole always had lots of drama around him, and kinda faded away after he was shot by what we heard was a large calib handgun.
    Got all kinds of storys of what happened to him,, the storys have grown so many legs in the re-telling, no clue of the fact from the fiction.
    The area is very common to gun violence:
    The Tryst bar around the corner was robbed the same week, both the owner of the bar, and the suspect unloading 15 shot clips on one another.
    The owner Tommy, managed to shoot the robber in the neck, shoulder, and one grazing shot.
    The CIA nurses mentioned in the link above notified the LAPD when the suspects came into Holy Cross for treatment from his gunshot wounds.
    The cops responded and hooked them up.
    The rounds Tommy used were hot federal re-loads from my shop BTW. No duds ever from the TPC's reloads.
    Normally he kept the gun unloaded in his office drawyer, until I gave him a handfull of XTP's.
    A bullet hole from that incident still is visible just inches above the flush handle (vac bkr) on the urinal in the men restroom.
    I think the restaurant is now called Taste of Manilla or something close.
    Across the street that same week, an idiot walked into the Cowboy Pallace saloon and unloaded a 15 shot clip missing everyone, including the TPC.
    The Mobil station around the corner has a plac on the out side gas pump with some memorial words about a customer shot on that spot while pumping gas.
    The former Popeyes 2 blocks away had a guy shot in front of it while using the pay phone.
    All in about the same time frame.
    Damfino the true Cole story though.
    The neighborhood violence seemed to arrive when the band Bones Thugs and Harmony moved into the area in to a huge compound style home about 3 blocks from the Cole family business. Then the violence suddenly vanished when Bones thugs and Harmony and their huge onterage moved out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast