Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cole Boats

al cole'holic
    I used to live just around the corner from Cole and still have that home as a rental to beautiful young, Canadian nurses :http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/sh...ighlight=house
    Great Boats with their value judged soley by condition, not year or model, and that's a good statement toward any motor product.
    Mr Cole always had lots of drama around him, and kinda faded away after he was shot by what we heard was a large calib handgun.
    Got all kinds of storys of what happened to him,, the storys have grown so many legs in the re-telling, no clue of the fact from the fiction.
    The area is very common to gun violence:
    The Tryst bar around the corner was robbed the same week, both the owner of the bar, and the suspect unloading 15 shot clips on one another.
    The owner Tommy, managed to shoot the robber in the neck, shoulder, and one grazing shot.
    The CIA nurses mentioned in the link above notified the LAPD when the suspects came into Holy Cross for treatment from his gunshot wounds.
    The cops responded and hooked them up.
    The rounds Tommy used were hot federal re-loads from my shop BTW. No duds ever from the TPC's reloads.
    Normally he kept the gun unloaded in his office drawyer, until I gave him a handfull of XTP's.
    A bullet hole from that incident still is visible just inches above the flush handle (vac bkr) on the urinal in the men restroom.
    I think the restaurant is now called Taste of Manilla or something close.
    Across the street that same week, an idiot walked into the Cowboy Pallace saloon and unloaded a 15 shot clip missing everyone, including the TPC.
    ..damn, don't link to a site some of us don't want to join!!
    Interesting take...?...some places in the valley get shot up and a boat company in business for 50 years completely disappears and does not build another boat...hehe

Trailer Park Casanova
    What was the story you heard?

Partycattin
    Version I heard: Couple of guys walk into Cole early. Put the secretary and manager in a room and wait for Mr. Cole. Put a gun to his shoulder, tell him they want their money, and shoot.
    Take the driver's license from the secretary and manager guy and tell them they know where they live so they better keep their mouth shut.
    Place gets locked up and a "fire sale" follows.
    Could just be urban legend though.

franky
    Version I heard: Couple of guys walk into Cole early. Put the secretary and manager in a room and wait for Mr. Cole. Put a gun to his shoulder, tell him they want their money, and shoot.
    Take the driver's license from the secretary and manager guy and tell them they know where they live so they better keep their mouth shut.
    Place gets locked up and a "fire sale" follows.
    Could just be urban legend though.
    Valid (abreviated) story but missing a lot of drama leading up to that day, and more drama following. (and it was his upper arm that lost a couple inches of bone, point blank .38)

franky
    CJSkier,
    If you are serious about buying a 250 I have one with a lot of upgrades (done by me) that I would sell for the right price. ($50ish)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234