Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 44' magic

racingrascal
    Originally posted by locogringo:
    Actually, they are souped up 540's bumping out 850 horses. They are running Bravo XR drives and have seen speeds in the mid 90's.
    Weighs in over 15,800 pounds. Has a full shower, 35" plasma TV, Corian countertops, Full A/C, all leather and the list goes on. You can stand up in the cabin area if you are under 5'10".
    Hope that helps some.
    Loco
    Hey loco you left out one thing........Price any idea?
    Andy

wsuwrhr
    Must be nice, haha. I'll be happy if I can keep mine in the water all season.

wsuwrhr
    How in the hell do you lauch something like that? Very carefully? what the hell do you do for work to afford that boat. I'm floored.

Hustler
    I heard the cost of that thing is around 500,000.
    RR thats pocket change for you bud http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif
    Hustler

NO4NBRI
    Not sure if anyone has read this, but here is the dirt off of River Racer X
    Keep in mind it's probrably a typical sales pitch.
    I agree, not sure what you line of work you need to be in to afford something like this... Maybe Man whoreing
    Here's the dirt! The 44' Cat ran about 90 mph with triple 850hp blown 540's. The boat weighed 15,800 lbs fully rigged which is a bit more than we had hoped for. I've got some great photos! It is 44' long, 12' wide, has a significant center sponson which allows it to plane very flatly, AC & generator,35" flat screen TV, full galley, full head with shower with corian counters and corian shower walls and floor! Wow! Lots of leather, tons of storage, a huge cockpit area that has about 6 drop out bolster style seats. Everything is custom and we're going back to the drawing board for bigger blowers!The power got to the water via IMCO standoff boxes and steering and XR drives. I think there's a little more adjustment for the drives to go deeper into the water for better traction and with another 100horsepower per engine,we should expect to see 100 mph which is the goal. Not bad for $456,000!! Ron got one of his diesel semi trucks out and painted it all white and it was quite the scene. Unfortunately, there is a recall of a batch of MSD distributor gears and all 3 of them went south on Memorial Day weekend at Wah Weap at Lake Powell. Come on by to see it--it's back in Havasu. It is incredible. I think the next ones may be a bit lighter. The first one is definitely strong! That's the dirt! What a boat!!I got to drive it Friday night! It turns harder than anything imaginable, it ran low 90's with about a dozen of us on the boat too! We had hoped that it would weigh about 12,000 to 14,000 lbs. In fact it weighs in at about 15,800 lbs and that is before gas and goodies. Our #2 boat s in the mold now and we expect it to run about 5 to 7 mph faster and be about 2,500 to 3,000 lbs lighter. Wow what a ride For the record, the 44' cat is not a race boat. It is a luxury boat with AC, Generator, 35" TV, great accomodations such
    as full head with shower all done in Corian. Oh-- did I mention the 3000 horsepower? Or the fact that it holds 17 to 20 people???!! All for just under $500,000!!!

racingrascal
    I was told $380,000 at the LA boat show. I have one thought, can I get it in a party deck?
    Andy

RiverDave2
    Originally posted by racingrascal:
    I was told $380,000 at the LA boat show. I have one thought, can I get it in a party deck?
    Andy
    For 400K you can get it anyway you want it.
    RD

racingrascal
    Originally posted by RiverDave2:
    RD
    Were there bud! OP6-10
    Andy

racingrascal
    Originally posted by RiverDave2:
    RD
    Were there bud! OP6-10
    Andy

wsuwrhr
    I still want to know what you do for that kind of money, 'cause I am quiting machining as soon as I find out. BOAT 2? Are you kidding? Is it for another custumer, or are you scrapping the hull for the lighter one? Does the truck live with the boat too? Where that hell do you keep something like that? So many questions....By the way, I am typing this from the floor because I still haven't gotten up.
    Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast