Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Dr. Phil is back"

Dimarco21
    Glad all went well! Sorry I bailed on you as chase boat but I had to take the weekend off at the Concord timeshare ....I've got some great photos to show ya! Especially the exit photos. Thanks for stopping by and best of luck w/the new junk it looks great....as usual!
    Anytime DCBob, it's the least I could do.
    No "exit photos", nada, nope, nine, no fockin' way! I'm as serious as erectile difficulties.

Dimarco21
    Hey Phil, where and what time are you launching on Saturday? I might try and hook up with you. I need to do some more testing to try and get the knock sensor to be happy at higher boost levels. I want to try some different race fuel and maybe less timing and or bigger jets this weekend to see if that solves the problem. Keith
    Hi Keith, I'm thinkin' 8 or 9'ish, I'll give ya a call tonight.

Den Isle
    Any one heading out on Sunday????

acatitude
    good luck with gettin it dialed Keith. hope all goes well and hope to see ya at B2B............

Robbie Racer
    Thanks Ken. I received a new drum of 111 octane gas delivered yesterday so this weekend I can see if it's still knocking on higher boost settings. I also have pressure gauges connected to my block and inner cooler so can see if the water pressures there are within limits. If all that is okay and it still knocks, I will start pulling timing out or add bigger jets until it quits knocking. Hope to see you at B to B.

DCBob
    Did all go well on Sat beach day? Dr Phil? Keith? whaddup??????

Robbie Racer
    Howdy Bob, yeah everything went well on Saturday (except for breaking a trailer spring on the way to Orwood). We hooked up with Phil and family and then drove over to Chris's Island where we made a few successful test runs. I found out that I only had 5 psi pressure to my inner cooler so I capped off one of the two water outlets and now have 30 psi at top speed. So now the knock seems to have gone away but I'm not sure if it was due to the increased inner cooler pressure or the different race gas.
    If I can get a replacement trailer spring installed before Friday, I will plan to go to B to B with one tank of the older C-16 gas and one tank of the newer 111. I will make runs trying each to determine if the knock was due to the gas or the inner cooler water pressure.
    How's your motor coming along?

DCBob
    I'm glad all went well w/youse guys :rollside: I might drive up to b2b Sat and check out all the insanity :cry: The motor is done and ready to go back in but I'm (Nice Pairs ) re-plumbing and re-fitting some stuff as we go back together.......You haven't seen slow until you see me on a project If I get off my azzzzz it'll prolly be ready to run mid August :rollside:

Dimarco21
    Great trip. Good to see Keith and Maggie again. Maggie was pretty stoked 'bout your 46.4 M.P.H. pass...was that using N.O.S.???
    Everythang ran good with my junk. Blower in now 1 to 1 making 10 lbs boost. Had to go up 4 jet size's on the primary's. I'll still be dorkin' around for a while until it hit those monster 46.4 M.P.H. numbers.
    DCBob R U ready to give me and O.C. a couple of your credit card's so we can finally finish your junk???

deltarat
    I'm glad all went well w/youse guys :rollside: I might drive up to b2b Sat and check out all the insanity :cry: The motor is done and ready to go back in but I'm re-plumbing and re-fitting some stuff as we go back together.......You haven't seen slow until you see me on a project If I get off my azzzzz it'll prolly be ready to run mid August :rollside:
    Mid August, shoot you got me beat by probably a week or three I aslo wanted to say thanks to both you and Steve for the help with my stuff.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast