Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUCk, needs frontend alignment in HAVASU

Squirtin Thunder
    So should I go to the CHEVY dealer, I only have 18K in one year and I dont recall hitting a curb, and OFCOURSE the wife would never do that....

CANCEL CHRISTMAS
    My wife is good about hitting curbs, I don't think she misses one with the rear wheels.

Squirtin Thunder
    Be advised. I am ASE certified in suspension and brakes. Something is going out / or something is loose. I last actually aligned the dually about 4 years ago. I have touched it up from time to time, but it hasn't officially required any adjustment. I check it yearly, but I have my own alignment rack. If you actually need an alignment, something has been bent, moved, or worn out.
    Someone hit a curb and not tell you?
    What do mean by touch up ???
    I run 2/32nds toe in for best milage. I also have gone round and round with frontend guys. The rest of the deal is usually fine, Caster/Camber. If the truck goes off-road at all I always recomend having the alignment checked and have any adjustments done every 6 - 10K. But I am also the guy that gets just shy of 100k out of BFG muds and has 478K on my truck.

Kachina26
    So should I go to the CHEVY dealer, I only have 18K in one year and I dont recall hitting a curb, and OFCOURSE the wife would never do that....

CANCEL CHRISTMAS
    You only get 12k mile warranty on adjustments. I recommend finding a good alignment guy and going to him. Wait, on second thought, what is it doing? It is possible that if you have a pull, you may have a tire that is causing it and merely need to swap tires left to right. Seriously. Try that first if you are trying to correct a pull.

Beer-30
    What do mean by touch up ???
    Well, parts wear, we all know that. Every now and then it will lose a 1/4 of a degree or so on camber with ball joint and bushing wear. Since I have the rack, I "touch it up" every now and then, but it doesn't really need it. The toe usually is right where I left it - unless I know I have blasted a curb or hit something hard. Even then, unless something bends, it is still ok.

Squirtin Thunder
    Well, parts wear, we all know that. Every now and then it will lose a 1/4 of a degree or so on camber with ball joint and bushing wear. Since I have the rack, I "touch it up" every now and then, but it doesn't really need it. The toe usually is right where I left it - unless I know I have blasted a curb or hit something hard. Even then, unless something bends, it is still ok.
    You should know my front end and how bad they suck for keeping alignment.
    That is why I always recomend after any off-road driving.

Beer-30
    You only get 12k mile warranty on adjustments. I recommend finding a good alignment guy and going to him. Wait, on second thought, what is it doing? It is possible that if you have a pull, you may have a tire that is causing it and merely need to swap tires left to right. Seriously. Try that first if you are trying to correct a pull.
    Excellent point. "Radial pull" is very common.
    Also, unless the tires have been rotated, the wear you are seeing is probably normal city turning. It tends to round off the edges quite a bit in, say, 7K or so. 4X4 is usually more significant, what with them being 1.25 to 1.5 degrees positive camber (factory specs). I tend to set them at .6 to .75 for less outer edge tire wear. I don't see any need for such high positive camber in normal street use.

Beer-30
    You should know my front end and how bad they suck for keeping alignment.
    That is why I always recomend after any off-road driving.
    Well, yeah. After bumping along a desert course, something is bound to move.
    Ford or Chev?

SummitKarl

CANCEL CHRISTMAS
    maybe the road to the Desert Bar was a bit to tough on Chevy LMAO
    Yea with 18K and within a year something is WAY!!!! wrong, ? is, is it road Damage (not covered by the dealer) or a Mechanical Failure (covered under warranty)
    either way it's best to let a outside party (Dr. Joe) look at it first, then hit the dealer being well informed

Squirtin Thunder
    Excellent point. "Radial pull" is very common.
    Also, unless the tires have been rotated, the wear you are seeing is probably normal city turning. It tends to round off the edges quite a bit in, say, 7K or so. 4X4 is usually more significant, what with them being 1.25 to 1.5 degrees positive camber (factory specs). I tend to set them at .6 to .75 for less outer edge tire wear. I don't see any need for such high positive camber in normal street use.
    How do you feel about lifted trucks and setting alignment ???

Kilrtoy
    It was fine and we had the tires changed around, shortly after it started and is getting worse....THIS MAY BE IT

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast