Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TRUCk, needs frontend alignment in HAVASU

djunkie
    besides the pull, it shakes
    Get rid of those P.O.S. BFG all terrains. Problem solved. I hate those tires. Had nothing but problems with every set I've seen. Put a nice set of all season tires on it and be done with it. You won't be disappointed.

Kachina26
    Might need a balance too. Not likely an alignment issue.

GHT
    2005 duramax 4X4 diesel
    Where should I get one at...
    In Vegas.... I know where... you will have to PM. It would be a great opertunity for the girls to go shopping... We could just hang.. See how easy it is????

SummitKarl
    side to side rotation + pull + shake = sliped belt
    go look at the side walls of the front tires and look for a deformation about 4" wide. it should be very noticeable
    just a lesson I learned, never rotate BFG's side to side. I got 8yrs and 76k mi out of my last set of BFG A/T's, I always do front to rear rotation

Squirtin Thunder
    If you need BGF tires let me know I can help.

GHT
    If you need BGF tires let me know I can help.
    I used to get a good deal on BFG's too.. My Grandpa gets tires for around (average) $60 a tire (no matter the size). Worked for them for 46 yrs... Nice tire although they all have issues..

Beer-30
    Hold on, hold on.
    If he is now pointing out a shake.......bent rim anyone?
    A hard hit would bend a tie-rod sleeve and dimple a rim. Instant tire wear and vibration.
    Any takers?
    Kilr, I am not saying you did it. Obviously you would know if you did or not. I would not presume to suggest that the wifeypoo did it, either. (Although mine blasted one of her 2 month old chrome 22s a few months ago) But, if you took it somewhere and had anyone work on it; that usually ends up in a test drive by a 16 year old. Or, loan it to a friend or co-worker lately?

Kilrtoy
    No bent rim almost even tire wear on all tires. I will find out and repost on this

Ivan Dan
    Get rid of those P.O.S. BFG all terrains. Problem solved. I hate those tires. Had nothing but problems with every set I've seen. Put a nice set of all season tires on it and be done with it. You won't be disappointed.
    I beg to differ here.....I'm sure Squirtin Thunder will back me up on this....BFG's are the BEST out there. I've had Goodyears, Mickey Thompson, Pro Comp, Bridgestone and several others and they ALL suck compared to BFG's. I had a set of Goodyears and I blew 3 of the 4 out (sidewall failure) within 10,000 miles on the street. I've only had 3 flats EVER on BFG's and this is counting the 1000's of offroad racing miles I've logged throughout the years.
    On a side note, BFG just won their 20th straight overall 4 wheel Baja 1000.

cc322
    I beg to differ here.....I'm sure Squirtin Thunder will back me up on this....BFG's are the BEST out there. I've had Goodyears, Mickey Thompson, Pro Comp, Bridgestone and several others and they ALL suck compared to BFG's. I had a set of Goodyears and I blew 3 of the 4 out (sidewall failure) within 10,000 miles on the street. I've only had 3 flats EVER on BFG's and this is counting the 1000's of offroad racing miles I've logged throughout the years.
    On a side note, BFG just won their 20th straight overall 4 wheel Baja 1000.
    I will agree with the BFG being one hell of a tire, tried Bridgestone, Goodyear, Toyo, and pro Crap, and have always had the best luck with the BFG.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast