Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sound Systems

slowinhavasu
    kreco am/fm 8 track, two 8x4 three way radio shack speakers...and that's just in the pantoon, packing even more in the tige'...
    Hangin, they have those mud flaps on sale here in town at Kragen, super deal i got two sets, one for the tow burb, and one to hang in the living room, next to my velvet Elvis painting....winds changed out of the south, not as cold....

Slick
    I'm going to steal the horn off of Chestah's Bayliner. I'm hoping I can hook it up to a door bell thingamabob to make it sound like the General Lee. DaDa Da DaDa Da DaDa DADADADA!!!!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
    I'm thinking of adding one of those little chrome "chain" steering wheels to the HH Tugboat...
    ...what do ya think?
    It will go well with the genuine imitation "zebra" sheepskins I'm getting...I saw those at Kragen in Havasu, as well...
    http://www.websitemonster.com/images/pimp.gif

Hustler
    I'm thinking of adding one of those little chrome "chain" steering wheels to the HH Tugboat...
    ...what do ya think?
    You might want to look into a stainless one
    it wont rust like the chrome http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    It will go well with the genuine imitation "zebra" sheepskins I'm getting...I saw those at Kragen in Havasu, as well...
    Are you trying to insulte me??? http://plauder-smilies.com/countdown.gif
    Hustler

slowinhavasu
    chain steering wheel !!!!from what i've seen in the latest " Tough Boat " mag, the chromed barbed wire wheels are the newest and hottest selling on the market !!! "full time positve feed back from the wheel at high speeds " you may have to look at pep boys for those....c
    gettin cold again, supposed to warm up this weekend though, high sixties.....

Robbie Racer
    What speed can you guys get up to before the wind (or blower whine) starts drowning out the great sounding tunes?

Boatjob
    RobbieRacer- I have twin outboards on my boat with a big sound system. i can hear the music until about 80 mph when the wind becomes very intense. You can hear it passed that but it isn't too clear.
    Late

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by Hustler:
    Are you trying to insulte me?
    Hey Hustler...I would never insult you or the schoolbus...as far as you know...
    Hell, I like the schoolbus...it's really "old school"...the question is...are you going to take the HH Tugboat "to school" next summer? Piece of cake...she's bigger, heavier, and a little SBC against your BBF...right?
    If you don't like the zebra patterned genuine-imitation sheepskins, then I'll get the cool "cow hide" pattern.
    Robbie Racer- the key to hearing my bad-ass Sparkomatic-sponsored system is that I have no blower to whine (just Joe), and it won't go over 55MPH, so no wind noise.
    http://www.websitemonster.com/images/pimp.gif

Robbie Racer
    Boat Job, that is very impressive. I have a similar type of hull with the Carrera 257 and am looking to add a sound system before this summer. I didn't think you could clearly hear a decent sound system past 50 but if you can hear it up to 80, I'm sold. Where do you have the 12's mounted? Is it better to mount them under the bow facing aft or under the rear seat facing forward?

Boatjob
    Robbie Racer- Well since I have outboards, it makes it a little easier. The subs are mounted facing the stern of the boat, each in sealed boxes located about 5 feet from each tip of each sponson. Also location of the highs and miidrange also makes the sound quality better. My tweeters are located almost at ear level, so they soound really clean. I would recommend putting the subs underneath in the cabin versus under the back seat.When you put the subs underneath in the cabin, the subs use all the area under there to boom. I think it sounds better. Hope my info helped. Also I'm sure as you know, quality speakers ar ehared to find too. That's probably the easiest way to make your syatem awesome.
    Late

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast