12) FOCAL 165W SPEAKERS
    1) 50 FARAD CAP
    1) PHATNOIZE MP3 PLAYER
    ECLIPSE HEAD UNIT
    ECLIPSE 10 DISC CHANGER
    4 SVR GEL CELL BATTERIES
    [This message has been edited by RUN2RIVER (edited March 14, 2002).]

ROZ
    Wow! I didn't even know Zapco made a 4000watt amp. Or that Eclpise made a 10 disc. I thought they only made an 8. Is that a new model?
    Well, I guess the c2k-9.0xd Would be pretty close with the right impedence.
    [This message has been edited by ROZ (edited March 15, 2002).]

rivercrazy
    I've never heard of a 50farad cap either. I bet it would run one of those batteries dry by the turn of a key! LOL http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

RUN2RIVER
    The boat has been completely sponsored by Focal, Zapco, and Eclipse. The 4k watt amp is a limited production amp that they are only making 4 maybe 6. The amp looks like a big cube. It weighs about 60lbs and is 20" long, 6" wide, and 6" high. It is a monster. The 50 farad cap was designed to be compatable with the amps. That big amp gets real power hungry and a constant supply of power must be maintained. 6k watts takes up a lot of power. I do not know if the 10 disk changer is new or not. I just know that I put what they sent me into the boat. The boat hits like crazy and is competition clean. I couldn't tell you what the settings are, just know the basics and turn it up. But by the end of the day no matter what the batteries are DEAD

ROZ
    Originally posted by RUN2RIVER:
    I couldn't tell you what the settings are, just know the basics and turn it up. But by the end of the day no matter what the batteries are DEAD
    Sounds...."GUCCI"....J/K http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    Your system must be a site to see.
    I have just 1 question. Why all that power? I mean you can only go so loud, right? 12 volt systems that are shooting for 155+ db's have lexan windows, steel bracing, and some w/conctete in panels all to keep the sound in for max db. Most of the time they're in mini vans and not convertibles....
    I guess if it's a free sponsorship, take it.
    [This message has been edited by ROZ (edited March 16, 2002).]

RUN2RIVER
    The reason why they gave all of the gear is to show off what they have and what the companies can do. It was a good way to break out into the boating market. Eclipse has been in the boating market for a while, but Zapco and Focal have not. They are using the boat as a showpiece. It will be in the SEMA show next year as well as audio magazines. When you show off, you go with the best. I do know that my big amp (4k watt) is turned down. I have already launched 4 pairs. yes pairs of subs in the boat. Power is definitely an overkill, but it is enough to power the system.

ROZ
    Originally posted by RUN2RIVER:
    Eclipse has been in the boating market for a while, but Zapco and Focal have not.
    I didn't know that Eclipse had a marine division. Guess I should call my rep. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/mad.gif
    I have already launched 4 pairs. yes pairs of subs in the boat. [/QUOTE]
    Sounds like you need subs that can handle that kind of power. JL w7's or MMats Juggernaut 12's....1200w RMS. Both are probably the best high powered subs on the market...

froggystyle
    Well, that's got me beat...
    Guess I'll just sit back here and pick up scraps or something.

rivercrazy
    Isn't JBL's new GTI subs in this group also? W15GTI's = 800W RMS 5,000 peak.
    Originally posted by ROZ:
    Sounds like you need subs that can handle that kind of power. JL w7's or MMats Juggernaut 12's....1200w RMS. Both are probably the best high powered subs on the market...

MrHavasuCat
    RUN2RIVER,
    I had several systems in the late 80's that were Zapco powered. They were, and I am sure still are, awesome amps. I had a toyota truck with 4 system 200's with 3 bridged to run the subs. I had 6 10's and 2 12's in the bed, and 6 8's in the cab for subs. the system hd 32 speakers total with the rest consisting of mids and tweeters all hidden in door panels and vents. Back then Fosgate was everywhere but Zapco was a little known company. the sound from that system was awesome and very clean. I am running Fosgate stuff now in my boat, but I still feel Zapco was and probably still is better.
    [This message has been edited by MrHavasuCat (edited March 18, 2002).]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast