Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: someone is getting some new shoes

wsuwrhr
    Come to think of it...I have signed my name to nearly all of my posts, so that means I have also signed my name close to 5,000 times.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    Come to think of it...I have signed my name to nearly all of my posts, so that means I have also signed my name close to 5,000 times.
    Brian
    Before someone wants to remind me, I didn't sign my name when I first started posting on ***boat.

wsuwrhr
    Before someone wants to remind me, I didn't sign my name when I first started posting on ***boat.
    In case anyone cares.

jweeks123
    is it possible that some machinists aren't as good at what they do as some pump guys are at what they do

the sheer volume of yur posts might be offensive to someone. maybe the server
    jw

steelcomp
    Brian, you didn't sign your last two posts. You're slipping, man.
    Post away, I say!!!!!

steelcomp
    is it possible that some machinists aren't as good at what they do as some pump guys are at what they do

jw
    No.

cyclone
    I'm not going to quote myself but remember the part where i said i was just kidding.

MikeF
    The plate will be .300 lower than before?
    How much lower?
    Measured thickness .720 on new shoe, .490 on original. So.......not .300 :boxed: Biting edge at about .100 lower than original.
    forget all of that. the real question ought to be "why is the vdrive and AN fitting guy making your shoes instead of your pump guy?"
    kidding. just kidding. i know SD can turn the handles as well as anyone else. hope your boat will be happy with 5-degrees of back cut. Hey when you go testing let me know, mike

I was doing all of the handle turning, although his machines are slightly different from the ones I've used in the past, so some setting up was in order. My original shoe has 4* of backcut. My old school shoe and Jack's new shoes are not an exact match. They won't just bolt up.

wsuwrhr
    Brian, you didn't sign your last two posts. You're slipping, man.
    Post away, I say!!!!!
    that is a grey area, somewhat of a technicality, since I quoted myself.
    I thought it would look silly if I presented my name twice.
    Let me know what you think, since I can always edit it.
    Brian

wsuwrhr

jw
    Funny you should mention that. I have met alot of guys who had some pretty intimidating Kennedy's and "couldn't find their way out of a paper bag with an acetelene torch and a striker."
    So you have a point.
    But was that the issue?
    Brian

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast