Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: someone is getting some new shoes

wsuwrhr
    I'm not going to quote myself but remember the part where i said i was just kidding.
    I do remember, all three times you said so, I just thought I would bring some fun into the deal.
    I have got to get my camera fixed, so I can compete with SD. The guy is blowing me out of the water. So to speak.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    Back to the garage.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    Jet Boat chips are flying over at here Sweet Performance.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...03shoe-med.JPG
    I like your plate, she looks hefty.
    Skinny would need some help, or a die cart to load that bidness.
    Brian

Measured thickness .720 on new shoe, .490 on original. So.......not .300 :boxed: Biting edge at about .100 lower than original..
    I personally like the small steps and one change at a time approach.. Those are LARGE adjustments IMO. :rollside:

5 deg backcut and about .300 thicker to lower the plate a shitload more. Biting edge will be about a mile lower too. Just gonna give it a try once I get the boat back together. There is enough meat to keep making it smaller till it is nearly the same as the one on the boat already. Liberty's run real flat to begin, but I figured I might as well try it and see what happens. But I was told by the prior owner .....Don't move anything! :rollside:
    I fixed your post for you mike..

wsuwrhr
    [Originally Posted by MikeF]
    5 deg backcut and about .300 thicker to lower the plate a shitload more. Biting edge will be about a mile lower too. Just gonna give it a try once I get the boat back together. There is enough meat to keep making it smaller till it is nearly the same as the one on the boat already. Liberty's run real flat to begin, but I figured I might as well try it and see what happens. But I was told by the prior owner .....Don't move anything![/QUOTE]
    Now THAT is some funny shit.
    Brian

MikeF
    I personally like the small steps and one change at a time approach.. Those are LARGE adjustments IMO. :rollside:
    Just want to try it out and see what happens.
    It's a whole lot easier taking the material off then putting all those chips back on! :skull:

I hear ya..
    you should hang in the pits some more next season, there is some interesting things to see when it comes to that shoe/plate stuff. those guys showed me some pretty interesting things last season, and it works!!!
    cs

steelcomp
    Just want to try it out and see what happens.
    It's a whole lot easier taking the material off then putting all those chips back on! :skull:True, but in all seriousness, I also think it's easier to stay safe and dry and sneak up on it, rather than getting wet...and hurt...finding out you went too far. :idea:

steelcomp
    Pretty f'n funny, wize guy. LOL!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast