Thread: Price of Gas compared to Evian my ass...

sorry dog
    I'm sick and tired of hearing all these comparisons between gas and other stuff we buy to make it seem OK that gas is $3+.
    You've probably seen those emails/posts where the price of Coke, Gatorade, and bottled water is extrapolated out to $15 a gallon.
    But I still have yet to see the comparisons that make all that seem like bullshit.
    The best one I can think of is a gallon of milk. Around here it's usually between $3-$3.29. This is a product that some animal has to get pumped out it from it's titties one squirt at a time, pasturized, tested continually to be safe for human consumptions, packaged one gallon at a time, shipped only in 50 gallon lots, and then it's only good for a few days on the shelf. I'm sure some percentage gets dumped for being bad or needing a mop on isle 7...yet this stuff is still $3.00 a gallon. I bet it would be even less if you ship it through a pipeline, sell it 20 gallons at a time, and not have to worry about what kind of crap contaminates it or the sell by date.
    $6 gas my ass. We can fart our cars along cheaper.
    I'm starting to think Madmax and have a pig fart farm to run my shit on methane. Hell, I bet Tom Brown makes at least a couple of gallons a day by himself.

Jbb
    Hell, I bet Tom Brown makes at least a couple of gallons a day by himself.
    ewwwwww....

Jim W
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sorry dog
    Hell, I bet Tom Brown makes at least a couple of gallons a day by himself.
    are you thinking vapor or liquid???
    Be good, Jim

Tom Brown
    are you thinking vapor or liquid???
    It's tough to tell sometimes.

Chubby4Life
    All these comparisons are great, but nobody drinks 30 gallons of milk, gatorade, water or any thing else in a week! If we did, we would have the same complaint as we do with fuel prices. The analysts need to stop comparing apples and oranges.