Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ford Excursion help

NautiTwins
    Looking at buying an 04 limited. 6.0 Diesel 4x4.
    I had the guy take it to a dealer to get inspected and the service lady printed off the Standard Claimes list for Modle year 2004. This basically shows every time the car was in for a problem.
    It has been to the shop 10 times in 2 years. 3 times for rear glass exploding
    2 times for engine runs poor feels like it is missing.
    1 parking asst inop
    1 starter noise, car will not turn over
    The others were recalls!
    Would you be worried buying this car? I know that when I bought my truck I had to take it back for minor issues. This car has not had a problem since june of 05, but I still have some concerns.
    Any ford guys or people that have owned this car, if you could please help!
    Thanks in advance

Run_em_Hard
    Ten times in two years sounds like way to much to me...

JetBoatRich
    what were the repairs made vs Claims?
    How did the explode the rear window :skull:

ChumpChange
    3 times for rear glass exploding
    :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

NautiTwins
    Here is what the report says
    1.CS left quarter window came apart at the bonded hinge
    2.Cust. states left quarter glass fell out and broke and scratched paint in quarter panel
    3.third time left quater glass fell out of veh. glass shattered causing damage to left quarter pa glass. Repair dents and scratches to left quarter panel. Realign fuel door, r and 1 fuel dorr r and damage was also shown to zone rep alan b.

DMOORE
    The only time I have seen rear glass explode on an suv is when it is bouncing at 50mph in the whoops at the desert. In other words having the S#^* beat out of it. Either that or the owner didn't secure anything down inside.
    Darrell.

RitcheyRch
    Depends on what the 10 times in 2 years was for. I wouldnt worry about the glass issues. I would be more concerned with having engine and drive train issues.

Biglue
    10 times, 3 of which were the same issue. I'd find another one Jer. Good luck.

NautiTwins
    CS engine runs poor seems like its missing
    test drove could not verify, performed self test found code p0603. pinpoint test revealed no problems. reprogrammed PCM 12650d.20, 12650d.20 12650dxi.10 12650d45.30 1265od81.50 12650d84.50

NautiTwins
    10 times, 3 of which were the same issue. I'd find another one Jer. Good luck.
    I had the same problem with my 250. Not cracked windows, but sealing issues. I had to go back 4 times to get it right. so I am thinking this is the same issue that I had with my truck. I am more concerned with the vehicle runs poorly, and had to reprogram.
    Let me tell you this. I drove the truck and it does not seem like it lacks any power at all. It is wicked fast and very responsive. but then I saw this report and just had to ask you guys.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast