Thread: Berryessa Camping

desertbird
    I am already thinking about our big camping trip next year, over the 4th of July Holiday. Last year was Mead. This year Don Pedro, and next year I have my eyes on Berryessa. I've heard great things about the Lake, but never having been there myself, I am posting this poll to ask all you pros which campsite is the best overall for RV camping.
    We need Full Hookups
    We prefer a little seclusion vs. the parking lot (RV sites vs. RV Park)
    We like trees in camp.
    We prefer to leave the boats in the water if possible (Marina or on the shore, if the shoreline is visible from camp)
    We prefer the campsites in which the walk to the boats in the morning is just that, a walk, not a trek, a hike, an adventure or a drive.
    Help me out guys! Where do you all stay?
    http://www.anglernet.com/web/maps/images/bery1.gif

deltarat
    Here is some info for you to digest
    Steel Park
    The nicest place to stay with your RV , space is limited and crowds are small. However you will be staying in a gravel parking lot with no hook ups other than water. The lake is right behind you and your boats can float right behind your RV. Pumpouts are in the same lot so that isn't that big of a deal. Restaurant(sp)and store are nice and well stocked.
    Rancho Monticelo
    Nice RV spots covered by trees and sort of secluded, you will still have neighbors but it is not that bad. The resort is usally pretty quite but it doesn't have much to offer other than a snack bar. RV spots are no where near the water. I believe that they have full hook ups there, buy I dont remeber.
    Berressa Marina
    All RVs are out on a parking lot type point. The marina will launch your boats as soon as you arrive and take your trailers to another lot so you dont have to deal with them while you are there at all. They have docks right below the RVs for all of the boats. By far the best veiw of the lake from your spot. They dont have full hook ups but they do have water and they have a guy come pump your RV where it sits at no charge. Very few campsites so there really is no problems at all. They have a great store and restaurant and a really nice resort.
    I know others will have their favorites but I would do Berryessa Marina if i was staying for any length of time. I have been going there for years and will continue to do so as long as I can.
    I hope this helps

desertbird
    It helps plenty! Thanks, I should think that I still have plenty of time to book any site between now and fall. When I booked the Don Pedro sites in January, I took three of the remaining 15 sites they had left, lakewide!

deltarat
    It helps plenty! Thanks, I should think that I still have plenty of time to book any site between now and fall. When I booked the Don Pedro sites in January, I took three of the remaining 15 sites they had left, lakewide!
    Any big weekend at Berryessa will fill up quick, I would book soon and cancel if you choose to change your plans. If you make it up this wayh let me know and I will come out for a day or two.

Familycat
    That my vote. We saw you at Don Pedro this year. We were in the blue Daytona.
    Rick

abraman1326
    Delta Rat is right about his opinions of the resorts. He didn't mention Spanish Flats which is where we all usually stay. The problem there is they only have water hook ups b/c all sites are just baout the same. No difference between tent and RV sites. I take my 26 ft. travel trailer in there w/ no problem. I think Putah Creek has some better RV spots, but on a holiday weekend, it's pretty rough in there. The Sheriff actually say's they don't like Putah Creek resort b/c there are just too many problems in there, but I do think they have full hook ups.
    Good luck and let us all know when you come up, we'll all come up and meet up w/ you. Berryessa is my main lake, I am up there quite a bit. I'll let you know the places to go as it get's close b/c there are some changes going on up there...
    BRA