Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kern County

Diablo54
    Hey are there any members on this fourm that live in Kern County or close by???? If so which lakes do you guys recomend, Got my first boat last week and wanted to check out some new lakes that I could hit up

Ridgerunner18
    Best bet is Lake Isabella, in between Ridgecrest and Bakersfield. Get there early. Wind historically picks up there around noon or so. Plus, if your new to putting the boat in, early is real good. Isabella is huge and the water level is very hi right now. I'll be there Sunday.

Diablo54
    I uausally go there every Sunday with my Jet skis, and I will be there this weekned with them and the boat. Just thought I would check out if there was any other places. Where do you ususally launch at?

Racer277
    There is a nice launch ramp on the island in the center of the damn.
    I believe that Ponderosa rd. is the road you turn from Hwy. 155.
    That's a long drive for you though.
    You could launch at Paradise Cove easy enough.
    We also like:
    Ming
    Buena Vista
    Success
    Ming doesn't allow jet skis
    Buena Vista isn't as nice as Isabella, and way more crowded. Also, the skis and boats are seperated on the lake.
    Success is nice except for Saturday is bath day...
    Isabella is a beautiful lake. Take advantage of the short drive to a nice mountain lake. Count your blessings that it isn't crowded. The wind picks up at 1pm (as stated) but dies down at 4pm. The sunsets are awesome. Glass before 9am.
    If you want a drive:
    Pine Flat Lake
    Bass Lake
    Millerton Lake

Ridgerunner18
    Coming from R/C Paradise will be the first as racer says. I don't know if you new but there are 2 ramps there. 1 at the turn off 178 and straight down or through the lower parking lot on the left if your facing the lake. Thinner but not used much. Next is Red's marina just past Paradise. Look for the ramp sign, go right and bare left. Not used too much. You can put in then pull out (duh) and park off to the right. Past there is another ramp at Old Isabella road, 1 big ramp that forks of to launches and big parking lot after your done. Beyond that is the Damn ramp. I'll probably be at old izzy road. Green 20' Monterey, White Dodge truck. Have fun

Diablo54
    I will be at Kissack Bay that is the first launch site available I usually launch the Jet skis there and if the watter is the right hight I think they have a boat ramp there so If you are comming that side of the lake stop by, I will have a Jet Boat, two seadoos, And a slightly lifted grey toyota tundra.

JetBoatRich
    Isabella can be a great lake when the water is up and the wind is down

Diablo54
    The wind is like clock work at Isabella. 1pm it starts but it dies down around 4. I try and get there about 7am cause that gives you two hours of glass and no one is usually on the lake at that time.

a catered life
    stay away from BV in bakersfield
    isbella is good
    go a little south on the 5 and try prymid (sp?) lake

mondorally
    Is Isabella "hot" boat friendly regarding noise and/or speed? My boat is really quiet at idle (tips are underwater) and I have mufflers but will a big blower motor raise the ire of the local water cops?
    Thanks
    -Justin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast