Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Havasu City Council Meeting

Magic34
    Anyone go to that?
    Here is what was said in the AZ Republic online
    Lake Havasu OKs ordinance targeting rowdy boaters
    Associated Press
    Jul. 12, 2006 02:37 PM
    LAKE HAVASU CITY - Rowdy boaters beware: Lake Havasu City has a tough new public conduct law that may land offenders in jail.
    The City Council passed the new ordinance Tuesday after spirited presentations from many opposed to the new law, including the Chamber of Commerce, which worried that tourists will be scared away.
    The law makes its a misdemeanor to be unreasonably loud, seriously disruptive, use obscene language or engage in indecent exposure anywhere in the city. Violators can be sent to jail for six months and levied a $2,50 fine.
    But the law is aimed primarily at boaters and revelers along the channel at Lake Havasu City. The area becomes jammed on holiday weekends, and police sought the beefed-up laws to help them control crowds that sometimes become unruly.

Liquid Courage
    That is a pretty vague law! I can see that one going to the supreme court on apeal if the law isn't careful out there.

UncleLarry
    Not much to say.. Police wanted a way to get rid of those that are way rowdy, drunk or screaming.... So it was easily passed even thro many showed up in opposition of it.
    Bottom line is if are way out of control and even if no one complains the LE can now detain you. Thanks the key to this ordinance - it gives the LE power to arrest even if no complaint is made.

Magic34
    I dont really have a problem with all of that at all.
    All I really need to know is if I can run my generator and A/C and go to sleep in my cabin where I cant bother anyone. :crossx:

UncleLarry
    I guess thats ok as long as you dont walk in your sleep - start one hellava of a party and then you and your closest 200 friends (who too walk in their sleep) get all crazy and loud and drunk....

Ziggy
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...keHavasu04.jpg
    Exactly......it was already illegal to do that......... Did anyone tell them to pull their heads out??
    But then again, so is crossing the border thru fences and tunnels

Liquid Courage
    I think it could be actually a good thing. I'm sick of seeing the freakin' loosers out there causing trouble, fighting, being out of control and basically screwing it up for people that just want to chill, have a few drinks and enjoy the weather with friends. As long as LE uses the law as a tool and not take advantage of it then all will be well.

CMATT21
    In San diego they are trying to pull down a cross at war memorial. In our goverment buildings they attempt to remove anything with GOD in it. You can still burn a UNITED STATES FLAG... Blah, Blah, BLah. But in Havasu, A get away from it all and have a good time spot. You can't swear, dance, and get buzzed. I guess I've found Pleasentville. My fear as always is not that the fricking idoits get busted but hard working, regular people just letting loose. We shall see..............

Keith E. Sayre
    So what does that really mean, does a Texan visiting the channel and sees
    his first set of pasties and lets out a big Texas "yee haw" holler get arrested
    now?
    At what point will the city council state it as THEY want it, "having fun in the
    channel will offend someone so you'll be arrested. Smiling will not be tolerated.
    What kind of idiotic message are we sending to the tourists that support this
    entire town? I'll say it again, if we drive away the boaters this town will be
    bankrupt tonight. Not tommorrow, tonight. Anyone stupid enough to believe
    that the old retired geezers support this town is way confused, dangerously ignorant or isn't dealing with reality. Have a nice day but don't smile in the
    channel.
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast