Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheetah Boats

ratso
    Maybe he is at the lake in his DemCraft.

gimprvr
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by 24ROD:
    [B]SkaterFast....Two questions...what are you smoking and why aren't you sharing? Go out of business and take your $$??? The guy has been building boats longer than my oldest has been alive.
    Maybe you had a bad experience, that we'd all like to know about, or maybe your a competitor. Either way, you gotta justify a post like that.
    Just a thought.
    Hey 24Rod, I know the experience Skaterfast is speaking of, it was a raw deal.
    I am sure he hasn't had a chance to read the board since he made the post, he's got the boat lifted off the trailer and he's painting it. I'll let him know you guys are interested in his story, whether or not he chooses to share is up to him. Don't hang him yet.

24ROD
    I definately would like to hear what is eating SkaterFast. I'm always up for some good gossip, especially if it's concerning the maker of my boat.

24ROD
    Originally posted by ratso:
    Maybe he is at the lake in his DemCraft.
    Woof!
    [This message has been edited by 24ROD (edited March 24, 2002).]

ratso
    Hey gimprvr...What is SkaterFast painting on his hull? Was it something for cosmetics or did he do some work on it?

gimprvr
    Originally posted by ratso:
    Hey gimprvr...What is SkaterFast painting on his hull? Was it something for cosmetics or did he do some work on it?
    He was painting the trailer. He had a write up in hot boat last year 3 full pages , you may remember it, REPO RESTO.

24ROD
    Originally posted by gimprvr:
    He was painting the trailer. He had a write up in hot boat last year 3 full pages , you may remember it, REPO RESTO.
    Sweet. Anyone who get's three pages in the mag is worth listening to. I'd really be interested in hearing what he has to say about Bob.

glamis
    I owned a 24ft cheetah for 3 years I just traded it in Sept. Anyway I never had a real problem with it, small things they had no problem fixing. They have even baby-sat it, after being serviced, for me till I could come back in 2 weeks to get it. Bobs a great guy, a little forget full, so do make sure you keep reminding till its been done. My opinion on the boat is its a great RIVER boat not good on big choppey water and the wind will scare the s**t out of you! For that reason, having 3 little kids on board, that you have to hang onto, I traded it for a deep v to handle the water that the Cheetah wouldn't. I think if you dont have kids in this boat you'll be fine. BTW~ my old one is for sale at sleekcraft.com. Good luck!

KCook
    glamis - Waves I can understand. But wind??? Could you please elaborate on this a little.
    Thanks,
    Kelly Cook

Skaterfast
    I was about 14 at the time of our 3rd purchase from Bob Burns.Knew him Like a friend.Went to his Christmas parties in the Harbour,etc.He was going out of business and told my dad our boat would be the last one.He says "can I have 6k to get it started"?Sure my dad said.After all they were friends.Soon as he got our 6k he split town and didn't here from him for about 7 or 8 years.Seventeen years of courts and we finally got 12k back.Do not give him any money up front.Maybe he has changed and is a great guy?But in my book once a crook always a crook.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast