Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate irresponsible pet owners

Froggystyle
    Maybe it's just me but I have more sympathy for pets than humans.
    Funny you say that. True story...
    I am buying dog food at Petsmart a couple weeks ago and while you are ringing up your credit card and it is displaying the total it pops up this message "Would you like to donate $1 to feed the homeless.." and I was looking quickly for the "No" button until I got to the bottom line and it said "...pets in your community" and I hit yes. Then I cracked up a little and realized what a bad human I am.
    Seriously, no interest at all in feeding the homeless, but homeless pets???
    I'm in.
    Ah well... well known fact I like my dog more than humans. Not in a Frenchie way though...

luvmyboat
    I had to call animal controll out once, an injured dog was in my back yard and I needed help getting him attention. The officer was late, when he arrived he explained that as he was turning one of the corners to my house, he observed a truck slow down and toss out a dog..........he CAUGHT THE A@#hole that did it. MAJOR trouble for the ahole that tried to just dump their dog. 15 years ago and I still remember and smile...

Flying Tiger
    At the end of Sequoia Ave near my home has become a dumping ground for people abandoning pets.
    Really sad

NorCal Gameshow
    At the end of Sequoia Ave near my home has become a dumping ground for people abandoning pets.
    Really sad
    Do they think they're setting them free in runkle's ranch?
    up here, a couple months ago a breeder set 4 black lab mothers "free" . fortunately they found good homes.

Forkin' Crazy
    Maybe it's just me but I have more sympathy for pets than humans. It really makes me upset when I see a dog that has not been cared for. These pets rely on humans!!!
    I agree.. the animals don't have the control that humans do. Those lying in the gutter usually did something themselves to place themselves there.

Old Texan
    This has always been one of my more serious pet peeves: People who Think they are Animal Lovers. The ones who dump ‘em off when they tire of them or chain ‘em up out back and forget about them.
    A good deal of people do not realize the expense and time raising a dog "properly" involves. So if you don’t want to spend the money or have the time, leave the dogs to someone who does care.
    Vets: Regular visits are a must and they will cost several hundred dollars a year but too many don't want to spend the money or come up with a lame excuse like, "I don't want to get my car dirty", about not taking them to the vet.
    Vacations: Boarding costs money. If you don't have family or friends, pet hotels are the way to go. Tieing the dog outside or leaving him alone in his pen is mean and often time bothersome to neighbors listening to the poor thing whine or bark. Leaving the food / water timer gizmo when gone for any length of time, in my opionion over 24 hrs, is wrong. Equipment failure can leave the pet with no food and much worse no water. My cheap a$$ neighbor did this several years ago and took it one step further by mixing tranquilizers in with the dog's food to keep him from barking. What happened between him and several of us neighbors is another story, suffice to say that won't happen again.
    Baths and Flea/Tick treatment: Got to be done on a regular basis. Don’t complain about doggie smell or fleas in the carpet if you don’t bath them.
    Food: Proper diet is a better grade food not some cheap generic crap that leads to poor health. Table scraps are fine in moderation and content, just don't think they are a regular meal substitute.
    Exercise and play: Dogs are your best friends. They enjoy and deserve attention and being some part of your life each day.
    If these things cost too much or you're to busy, don't get a dog.
    I have heard so may HBers talk about and show pix of their 4 legged friends to know we have real animal lovers aboard who understand the responsibilities associated with what I consider an important part of my household.

wsuwrhr
    Christie and I went to In and Out last night for a Saturday night burger...married couple's date. haha
    A guy is standing on the sidewalk asking for change, I tell him I'll buy him whatever he wants to eat. To a point...if the guy wanted 10 hamburgers I would have bought them.
    He says to me, "I'm not hungry, I would rather have the money"
    Yea OK pal.
    Brian
    I have never been homeless, so I can't really say, but in my opinion I would be happy with what I was offered.
    Beggars can't be choosers.
    Funny you say that. True story...
    I am buying dog food at Petsmart a couple weeks ago and while you are ringing up your credit card and it is displaying the total it pops up this message "Would you like to donate $1 to feed the homeless.." and I was looking quickly for the "No" button until I got to the bottom line and it said "...pets in your community" and I hit yes. Then I cracked up a little and realized what a bad human I am.
    Seriously, no interest at all in feeding the homeless, but homeless pets???
    I'm in.
    Ah well... well known fact I like my dog more than humans. Not in a Frenchie way though...

moneysucker
    Christie and I went to In and Out last night for a Saturday night burger...married couple's date. haha
    A guy is standing on the sidewalk asking for change, I tell him I'll buy him whatever he wants to eat. To a point...if the guy wanted 10 hamburgers I would have bought them.
    He says to me, "I'm not hungry, I would rather have the money"
    Yea OK pal.
    Brian
    I have never been homeless, so I can't really say, but in my opinion I would be happy with what I was offered.
    Beggars can't be choosers.
    Beggars can kiss my a$$. I get tired of seeing them on every off ramp, at many gas stations and on the streets. First off, if you are going to be homeless, why would you choose somewhere that gets freezing cold. I understand all the ones in SF because all the bleeding heart Hippies that make sure there are shelters. What ever.
    Rotties are great temprement dogs. I had 3 of them and all have been great dogs. They are tough through a fence though. We had one that would run around the end of the fence to be on the other side to bark at the neighbors dog. I am sticking with an autmatic pool cleaner airbrushed to look like a turtle. Cleans up after itself and doens't eat much.

maxwedge
    Don't understand how you can hate beggars, but still love dogs. My dog is the biggest beggar I've ever seen. On the other hand she would much rather have 10 IN & Out burgers than money, so I guess that makes it ok

Tequila-John
    Yup

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast