Thread: Speed Record Has Been Broken !!!

SHARKEYMARINE
    On Saturday morning in Toms River, NJ this past weekend the fog was pretty thick but the determination of Darren Luhrs was pretty clear. He was out to break the speed record he set 3 years ago.
    Darren went out to set a benchmark as well as be an inspiration for all people who travel through life in a wheelchair. 3 years ago Darren Luhrs of Woodcliff Lake, NJ -- set a world record for a physically disabled person when he throttled a powerboat (36 Nor-Tech Cat - Perfect Storm) to 121 mph.
    This past Saturday, Darren set out on the same boat he throttled 3 years ago with boat owner and driver Bob Christie of Typhoon Performance Marine. Wearing a Lifeline vest, headset, a proud dad and televison crew in the back seat Darren moved the benchmark up another notch. At 9:15am EST Darren throttled the 36 Nor-Tech Cat Perfect Storm to a record breaking 130mph!!!
    "It was a lot of fun, and I had a great time," said Darren, who has cerebral palsy. "The ride was unbelievable. It was very smooth." When asked what was next? Darren answered "I think I will take my trophy home and retire!"
    No matter if Darren retires or not, what is more important is that he is already an inspiration for everyone with or without a wheelchair!!
    If you would like to share some thoughts with Darren, you can email him at dluhrs4551@yahoo.com
    Congrats Buddy!
    Best Regards,
    Dave Patnaude
    President
    NJ Performance Powerboat Club
    Click here to see Pics & Videos of the Speed Record! (http://pages.zdnet.com/sharkeymarine/njppc/)

HavasuSelect
    Thats awesome, great pics too!

fat rat
    Two thumbs up...........congrats!

Devil's Advocate
    Great videos and pics.....

SHARKEYMARINE
    Thanks! It was a great moment for all of us...