Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown Jet Records Falls

Hydro hunter was the name of the daytona, and it was one impressive jet. The air was pretty bad this weekend, around 3900ft corrected during the heat of the day, but nothing a little boost can't fix.
    LOL, sounds like my buddy needs to get his DA meter looked it, he was saying it was 6500 ft..He did say there were alot of jets, some pretty fast ones too! What is the owner/drivers name with the daytona? I was going to look him on on dragboats.com.
    Congrats to 77charger for the big win!!!!

pattymelt18
    i belive its a daytona cs its purple hes run njba a couple times when we were there but not anywhere near those speeds .

American Turbine Man
    i belive its a daytona cs its purple hes run njba a couple times when we were there but not anywhere near those speeds .
    Its a Tommy Papp piece. There are photos of it on www.dragboats.com under Dan Kirkman
    ATM

svt2224
    Glenn Pederson is the driver/owner of the daytona. Here is a pic.

http://***boat.com/forums/attachment...chmentid=15630
    Bad ass looking boat, it must be one hell of a ride to shut that thing down with no pop off.Hopefully he went some rounds this weekend.
    http://dragboats.com/images/gallery/...A_0813_610.jpg
    http://dragboats.com/images/gallery/...A_0051_610.jpg

djdtpr
    http://www.dragboats.com/images/gall..._01_05_555.jpg
    Im kinda partial to this ride.Definatly has Nagore covered,for now!

bp
    the boat looks a bit different than this older pic, with a newer paint job. really looked nice.
    i was pitted 3 boats over from dan this weekend, so got to talk to him quite a bit. this is a new ihba record for TAJ, and it could have been in the 6s. thurston took the 3 boat pce class, while dan took the record , which is all that he's been working toward.
    i was able to see one of his passes saturday from the rope, and the sunday passes from the beach. air for the 7.03 was around 23-2400, and around 3k for the 7.15. i asked dan what the deal was with 7.15, and he said "several driver screwups" from my perspective, the numbers were good, and there is much more in this boat... hopefully, they can make one of the remaining njba races, and readjust the njba taj record.
    also, it was great meet and talk with dustin from amt. dustin helped dan with the whole new drive setup in awesome toy, and obviously dan's real happy with it. jim andrews was assisting them with the engine, and dan has the old biz racepak installed. it's really great seeing them get after it; reminded me of 2000.

Whats the black square looking thing on the back of the boat?

djdtpr
    Whats the black square looking thing on the back of the boat?
    I would think its the laundry.Or its a solar battery charger that comes on all the new model capsule boats. :rollside:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast