Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fish and Game Got Me

UnionJack
    I think they pulled you cause you had Havatan aboard.
    I never even thought of that.... Good Call

Daytona100
    Can you have DCB pay the ticket because they sold you an illegal boat? When are the manufactures responsible for anything?

No Name
    Can you have DCB pay the ticket because they sold you an illegal boat? When are the manufactures responsible for anything?
    Boat manufactures will usually make you sign a waver if you don't want the mufflersÂ…. I know I did.

HMF'er
    California manufacturers are required to equip the boat with mufflers upon delivery. Not sure if the mufflers need to pass the decibel test though.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Boat manufactures will usually make you sign a waver if you don't want the mufflersÂ…. I know I did.
    Legally they aren't even allowed to sell it without the mufflers.

No Name
    Legally they aren't even allowed to sell it without the mufflers.
    The waver I signed stated that I would install my own mufflers, of course I never did and have received a ticket for it once. Needless to say I still have no mufflers.

Daytona100
    Why pay 2k plus for mufflers if they cant pass the decibel test. It,s the same ticket right. Why would you spend all that money and put yourself in a position to get pulled over every time you take it out. God forbid if you had a couple cocktails in you at the time of the ticket.

UnionJack
    I have mufflers, It's just to loud when shes up and running

HMF'er
    The waver I signed stated that I would install my own mufflers, of course I never did and have received a ticket for it once. Needless to say I still have no mufflers.
    Knowing you, you probably spent the muffler money on beer!

Havasu_Dreamin
    Ok, but legally the builder is still required to deliver the boat with mufflers installed. Section 654.03 of California Boating Law. (http://www.dbw.ca.gov/PDF/cbl2004.pdf)
    654.03. Mufflers; Manufacture and use of motorized recreational vessels.
    (a) Aperson may not manufacture for sale a motorized recreational vessel that is not
    equipped with a muffler or muffler system, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section
    654, that brings the vessel into compliance with paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of
    Section 654.05, except as authorized under subdivision (b).
    (b) A person may manufacture for sale a motorized recreational vessel that is not
    equipped as required under subdivision (a) if the vessel is designed, manufactured, and
    sold for the sole purpose of competing in racing events.
    (c) A person may not sell a vessel that is exempted under subdivision (b) unless
    there is compliance with both of the following:
    (1) The sales agreement includes a statement that the vessel is designed, manufactured,
    and sold for the sole purpose of competing in racing events and may not be
    HARBORS AND NAVIGATION CODE
    operated in or upon the inland waters, or in or upon ocean waters that are within one
    mile of the coastline of the state, except under the conditions described in subdivision
    (c) of Section 654.
    (2) The statement described in paragraph (1) is signed by both the buyer and the
    seller.
    (d) Both the buyer and the seller of a vessel exempted under subdivision (b) shall
    maintain copies of the sales agreement described in paragraph (1) of subdivision (c).
    (e) A person may not operate a vessel that is exempted under subdivision (b) unless
    a copy of the sales agreement described in paragraph (1) of subdivision (c) is on board
    the vessel.
    (f) A person may not operate a vessel that is exempted under subdivision (b) in or
    upon the inland waters, or in or upon ocean waters within one mile of the coastline of
    the state, except under the conditions described in subdivision (c) of Section 654.
    (g) This section shall become operative on January 1, 2005.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast