Thread: Drive shower cavitiation

chase8
    I recently put a Simrek Halo drive shower on my boat. Now I seem to be getting alot of cavitation. At times it's so bad that the boat feels like it is going to come off a plane. Is anyone else experiencing this. I am running a supercharged 454 magnum MPI. Bravo 1 drive and a 26 pitch merc 4 blade prop. Thanks

Chase since no one has stepped up to address your cavitation issue I will even though some will view it as spam, you need some input to get your problem solved as it's not going to fix itself. Most any of the drive showers with longer pickups can cause prop cavitation with certain combinations, obviously one of which you have. We build a shower that I'm confident will solve your cavitation problem. You can see them Here (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...shower-itscool) .
    The pickups are very short and pickup water off the surface of the drive's cavitation plate. This surface maintains a stream of water even at higher trim angles where water below the plate can become aireated. They don't introduce cavitation into the prop stream, at least we have not seen a boat yet where they do. This is a different approach than the longer pickups use that take the water, and sometimes air, from deeper stream of water. Single and dual pickup models are available that will replace most other brand showers, either tubular or covered type. If you desire additional info that the link doesn't provide please give me a call or PM.

chase8
    Thought I did my research prior to buying the simrek. I never really saw much about the cavitation problem. I'll take your recommendation though and give it a try. Thanks

XTRM22
    I went with the Innovative Marine drive shower because at the time theirs was the only one that wasn't a rigid tube pickup like the Simreck. Mine has a height adjustment for the pickup tube, so you can raise it up and eliminate the cavitation. I've had great luck with it and if I were buying a new one I'd either go back to www.Innovativemarine.net or I'd buy the one Rex is showing you above.
    CHuck