Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Inconvenient Truth- MOVIE

Tom Brown
    I'd like to see the movie but I'm going to wait until it comes to the theater two blocks from my house. I really don't want to drive across town.

patsbrothel
    F***K GORE and his stupid ass movie you should go to Hot Sail Boats.com

jh4rt
    Mutate or die!
    Oh yah... and F* Al Gore... tell him to go get a job!

Outnumbered
    Tell us how you really feel, Mr. O
    , hit a nerve I guess

Outnumbered
    What if the U.S. started the change, got a handle on things and then we would be in the lead when the rest of the world HAD to follow? The change will have to happen so why not get a jump on it? Be the frontrunner...
    We already are and not too many are following.

Schiada76
    Just saw the movie, Al Gore presents the issue of global warming.
    Truthfully I enjoyed the movie and it was worth watching. The threat is real the signs are there.
    I know i wll be blasted for this as we all have high performance boats, but there are many little things we can do help out.
    Fuel Injection, 4 stroke Outboards and newer 2stroke technologies. Everything helps at home and at play to insure our earths future.
    cheers
    Uhh yeah, the threat is real all right. That's why in the 70's the same faggot assed tree hugging bark eaters were running around screaming we were causing the next ice age. GLOBAL COOLING! GLOBAL COOLING!!!!! Run away! Run away!
    You're insane. :220v: :yuk:

centerhill condor
    I thought it was an informercial for A.G. and his political career. He'll keep up this as long as a camera crew is present. I didn't understand how pictures of him as a boy related to global warming? Is it his fault and now he wants to repent by using the rule of law to make me change to sails from the bbc?
    I went to a small southern school in Starkville Mississippi and there are seashells under the ground from when most of the state was under the ocean millions of years ago.
    The democrats didn't put the shells there or did they? There's more CO2 in limestone than in the atmosphere? How'd it get there? Most of these things happened when lizards ruled the earth. How 'bout we let the lizards take back over 'cause we not doing it right?
    In the 70's the DOD was worried that the Russians would cause trouble because it was too cold for their winter wheat crop. The 1970's.
    Now fully 10% of the increase in agricultural production of the last 100 years can be credited to increased CO2 levels.
    and we're about 500,000 years overdue for an ice age.
    If you pay me 1.2 mil/year I'll be an engineer/scientist in your video saying it is because we're "insert phrase that pays here".
    Every weekend the TV shows these horrific images of starvation in Africa. It wasn't always that way. They once had lush forests and excellent farm land. Well the tempurature shifted now they can't grow enough. Gonna happen here one day and all the A.G.'s can't save us.
    This is a natural cycle being hijacked by people that know nothing other than how to use the politics of fear for their own gain. and because the world is in the balance they get a chance to be God. Think about it... we're gonna change everything we do and it won't make a measureable difference for 300-400 years... give me a break! They don't have to be right and can't be proven wrong!
    Presumably, mankind will have colonized some of the other planets in that time frame and A.G.'s offsrping will be telling you to come back so your offspring can worship his ghost.
    If A.G. had won Tennessee we wouldn't be having this discussion. I'm looking to the lizards for leadership back to the good old days. go geko!

Outnumbered
    ...So you would rather continue to poison the ground/water/air until we live in one giant sh*t hole? Just to stay competive? Where we cant eat seafood - mercury -(if any is left to catch) the air chokes you and the ground can't grow food. What about future generations?...
    Nope. I'm actually pretty concerned for the environment. In fact my friends and family that know how conservative I am think its funny how I always pick up trash when we are out hiking or boating. I always bring back more that I leave. I focking hate polluters/litterers.
    My concern lies with 3rd world nations far more than our own. We are the most environmentally conscious industrial nation in the world. We are doing our part. We are not perfect but we are far better than China, Russia, India, Mexico, etc.
    Gore has the typically liberal solution. Keep adding to the beaurocracy so he feels good/looks good about all the good-intentioned red tape he has created for the US while the other nations ignore it.
    My solution? I'm not an expert but I would say: Continue to self-police by coming up with cleaner ways to manufacture and produce based on current laws. Don't make new laws so restrictive that they take away our competitive edge. Continue to be an environmentally conscious nation while remaining competitive. Possibly pressure other nations to COME UP TO OUR CURRENT standards of emissions and pollution thru some type of trade incentive program. Greenpeace can be the watchdog. That way they can save some money by not spending their time crashing their boats into whaling ships
    Competition is one big contributor to what made this country what it is today. If we loose that we fail, period. If Gore gets his way, we will be one big happy-green-clean-nation for a few good years before we go down the toilet.

centerhill condor
    I was picking up trash in the neighborhood yesterday morning. It was a great day for bucket and gloves... so this one guy who cleans out his car in the driveway cans, wrappers, etc... found a $10 bill by his mailbox! How 'bout that!

Schiada76
    Just another quick thought for all you global warming/cooling tree hugging hippie freak faggots.
    Just how fcking long has oil been the major energy source used by humans?
    Even in this country far less than 100 years, if you imbeciles think that has affected the planets climate you're on crack.
    Idiots

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast