Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you make a vanilla latte at home

sorry dog
    Mrs. Dog is pretty much addicted to these things, but the $4 a cup to the Starbucks zit faces gets old (I've thought more than once about set their tip jar on fire:idea: )...that's more than a pot addiction...so what equipment/ingredients to I need at home to make one?

FMluvswater
    vanilla flavoring or vanilla flavored espresso beans
    bean grinder
    espresso/coffee maker
    a milk frother (little battery operated handheld one is under $20 and works pretty good)
    milk (non-fat froths best)
    sugar (optional)
    Recipe:
    1/2 cup milk
    1/3 cup hot freshly brewed espresso
    Heat milk in small saucepan on low heat
    froth with milk frother or alternately (PITA IMO) stir briskly and constantly with wire whisk to create foam.
    Add milk to mug of coffee.
    :coffeycup

sorry dog
    FM - shoulda known you are the foremost expert on the subject...
    any recommendations on the expresso maker and frother?
    Bought one for the parents from Target once (it was Mr. Coffee or some brand like that) ,but the quality of the expresso was so so and the froth attachment took a long time...but not looking to spend too much. A $400 maker buys a lot of starbucks.
    Figger I'd give this to the Mrs. for bday... drugs always make a good gift.

FMluvswater
    This (http://www.zaccardis.com/handheld-frother.html) is similar to the milk frother a friend of mine uses - it works pretty good. :smile:
    Espresso can be made using any regular brew-style coffee maker but if you want to get her an actual espresso machine you might try something like this. (http://www.zaccardis.com/krups-fnd1-allegro.html)
    I don't have any specific brand recommends myself. I usually just stick to regular black coffee made with any coffee maker at all, lol. My friend makes me lattes sometimes when I visit.
    Found an online catalog you could browse here (http://www.wholelattelove.com/semiautomatic.cfm) while I was checking out some product reviews here (http://www.coffeecrew.com/content/view/22/27/). Good luck to you, SD. There's a wide price range so I'm sure you'll find something. :clover: :smile: Your wife's in for a good birthday. :coffeycup Drugs!!! LOL!

Tom Brown
    ....that's more than a pot addiction...
    The pot is calling the kettle expensive.

Debbolas
    My dad is an expresso junkie, claims that the little frothy device is the most important part of the machine. If you are going to buy one at a store, ask for a demonstration, so you can see how quickly and well it froths the milk... Also non-fat milk froths better than fatty milk.
    Good Luck!
    Deb

Cheap Thrills
    FM - shoulda known you are the foremost expert on the subject...
    Ladies and gentlemen children of all ages it's
    The professor of percolators . The guru of grinds. The queen of caffine. FM.
    Expert ~ A has been drip under pressure
    C.T. :wink:

FMluvswater
    Ladies and gentlemen children of all ages it's
    The professor of percolators . The guru of grinds. The queen of caffine. FM.
    Expert ~ A has been drip under pressure
    C.T. :wink:
    All y'all need to use spell check eh ... it's not e-x-p-e-r-t it's a-d-d-i-c-t! Drugs!!! LOL! I'm still laughing, SD.

Debbolas
    I think you need to change your screen name to "Queen of Caffine", it has a nice ring to it
    The Sweetheart of Sumatra
    The Jumper of Java
    The Friend of French Roast
    lol

FMluvswater
    I think you need to change your screen name to "Queen of Caffine", it has a nice ring to it
    The Sweetheart of Sumatra
    The Jumper of Java
    The Friend of French Roast
    lol
    uhh no way uh-uh I took enough flack for dropping babe off my name (not to mention I don't like it when other people change their screen names to something completely different - I'm easily confused )
    However, I will likely put my caffeine molecule avatar back up at some point and now I'm thinking I just might put Queen of Caffeine as my user title when I do. :idea: :coffeycup

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast