Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: San Diego peeps, question for you

Ntwotrance
    when you're going out for just the day on your boat (fresh water), where do you go??? Seems like things are just getting worse @ Elsinore and Perris, and L.A. lakes are to damn far to drive from the O.C....

Ntwotrance
    try el cap, san vicente, hemet, vail lake ?? or drive to castaic (it's not that far) - keyes
    takes me about 2 hours to get to castaic, but did hear about el cap, will check more into the others...thanks

Ntwotrance
    what sort of restrictions do they have (if any)?

Ntwotrance
    who's "they" ??
    who ever is running the lakes (such as what's the speed limit, and in some lakes there's no water skiing, and so on and so forth)

Ntwotrance
    right now (jan 09), you'll basically have the whole entire lake (which ever you choose) to your self. so enjoy the glass and your "alone-time" -
    thanks for the info

Froggystyle
    Restrictions are significant. Both of the San Diego local lakes (San V, El Cap) that you can even boat on are restricted to 35 max. Some days are fishing only days (no water contact) and other days are skiing only (no fishing). On San Vincente there is a really nice waterski course that is protected by a break-wake area and you can bang some buoys for a small additional fee. Otherwise, it is a great place to get wet, just not very fast.
    The summer weekends are a different story altogether. They only allow 100 boats on the lake at a time, so once it is full, it is one on, one off. Most of the early boaters get there the night before and leave their boats and tow rigs in line. Must be there first thing in the morning for that to work though. Otherwise, show up at 8:00 to be on the water at 10:00, or 10:00 to be on after noon or even 1:00 depending on the day.
    No water contact. This means no swimming or pissing in the lake. Technically, if you are "getting in to ski" you can swim around with no problems in the middle of the lake, and if you go find yourself a cove you can swim with impunity.
    Both lakes are nearly microscopic compared to anywhere else I have ever gone boating. The Revolution is completely across the lake in under 2 minutes cruising. You can drive completely around it in under 5 minutes.
    We are lucky to have it close, and lucky it still allows us on, but otherwise, it pretty much sucks. Having grown up on Berryessa and the Delta, this just seems like a very poor subsititute for actually going to the lake.
    No gas on the lake either FYI...

LUVNLIFE
    takes me about 2 hours to get to castaic, but did hear about el cap, will check more into the others...thanks
    I wouldn't drive two hours to go to Castaic either.

HOOTER SLED-
    Try Silverwood Lake. Make reservations though. Just like Perris. Best in this area IMO.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Vail is members only, last I heard, and I thought that Hemet was only a fishing lake, but I could be wrong.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Lake Hemet (http://www.towncrier.com/pages/lake_...ake_hemet.html)
    another site said a 10 mile an hour limit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast