Thread: Hydro Question ?

Big Otis
    What is the width difference of a sanger ski & drag cockpit, at the seat(s). Is there room to put two seats in a drag hydro? Is it hard to move the center steering to make room two people. The boat in question is a 1984 5 rip. Wife said it must have two seats !

jwboat905
    i think the drag hydro(outboard steering) is a little smaller but still can fit 2 seats. not positive, used to have a outboard steering shovel nose with 2 seats in it. the seats were very close together, but worked fine. also had a ski hydro(inboard steering) with back to backs, but seemed to have more room. its not that hard to move the steering over just some time and alittle money. you will have to get a new chain or longer cables , depending on what type of steering box you have, and cover the old center hole up(good place for a tach).

shirkey4750
    My old hydro was a race hull, when I purchased it, with a single seat and center steering. These are the after pictures.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...20DSC00240.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...20DSC00241.JPG
    I belive the width from gunnel to gunnel was 37". I searched till I found a set of seats that would fit. I belive they were 17" wide.

Big Otis
    Thanks for the info, I think someone said a ski hydro is six inches wider.
    Were did you find the 17 inch seat?

shirkey4750
    Here on ***boat, there have been some for sale here and on E-bay. Mine were used, bought them both for $75.

infotraker
    I've had the 77 Sanger ski hydro for 4 years, great boat. Seats four, pulls skiers. The inboard steering allows some turning capibility. I can turn around for a skier etc. Much more fun than driving a flat. Also have a 68 Schiada flat. email me if you have any questions about the ski hull (not for sale). I'll be off th boards for a week.